MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2000, 12:32 PM   #1
Beni
Registered Member

Post what credentials are needed to compete?

Ive been throwing around different ideas on maybe picking a slower class to run in, and trying my luck at that. I dont want to be in a class where you need an A4 block, blower, and have to run at least 10s to compete. Trophy Stock seems like its right up my alley, except that its rules are a little to strict. If only they allowed longtube headers, and battery relocation, and more mods for E7 castings. Im kinda torn between making a fast 393 stroker street car, or building a 306 and being competitive. I know right off the bat I cant make all the races, but at least 4 I can. I have parts for either path I choose, I cant decide though...help!
Forgot to ask, what do I need to actually race in a class? I just cant show up at the gate and pay to get in and thats it, right?

[This message has been edited by Beni (edited 04-04-2000).]
Beni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2000, 04:34 PM   #2
SisuStang

You might fit in NMRA Pure Street, similar to FFW Trophy Stock, yet a little 'looser' with the rules,ie long tubes, porting allowed, etc.
As for documentation, it depends on the class. Most of the time, you don't need diddley squat, except for required safety equipment (ie helmet for 13.99 or quicker,etc.).

------------------
'91LX coupe.3.73's,alum dr shaft,subs,upper & lower ctrl arms,90/10's
1 5/8 long tubes,2 1/2" exh-off road H-pipe,pulleys,ported stock t-body
ported cobra intake,ported stock heads,B303cam,77mm mass air,
12.503 @ 107.93 mph on Nitto drag radials- Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Old 04-05-2000, 08:13 AM   #3
jchambers

FFW, NMRA and NMCA require that you register as a driver. With your registration you'll get your driver's card along with a permanent competition number. The number is displayed on the car along with the class stickers. For all of these groups, you can usually register as a member at the track prior to tech inspection. The yearly registration runs from $20 to $50 depending on the organization.

SisuStang is right. If you're looking to run long-tubes and ported heads, Pure Street may be the better choice for you. You can compare the class rules from the two sites; www.funford.com and www.nmraracing.com

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.07 Seconds/112.6 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm