MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-17-2002, 08:07 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question What is the difference b/t FFW Forum and NMRA forum?

I need some clarification on the differences. I guess you could say that FFW is one of the many NMRA events, so ...

I guess I'm looking at it in terms of rules and classes. If you can provide elaboration on the differences (brief, if you want), I'd appreciate it....
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 06:45 AM   #2
Jeff Chambers

No, FFW is a completely different organization with different classes, different rules and different event dates. FFW and NMRA basically compete for the racer's business. Though they basically have the same structure of classes (pro, outlaw, renegade, etc.), there are differences in the rules that for the most part force the racer to choose one series or another. For example in FFW I race in the Street Warrior class. The not-so-equivalent class to S/W over in NMRA is Pure Street. I can cross over and race in P/S, but I'm penalized about 350# for my combination and would run more than .5 seconds off the leader's pace. The competitive P/S racer can't however cross over to S/W because they are allowed things that we're not in S/W. The same scenario (one way or the other) basically holds true for all other classes except for Mod Motor and Truck classes. Those guys are pretty much free to jump back and forth at will.

You're best bet is to study the rules for both organizations and decide which organization best suits your wants, needs and desires. Then build your car to those specific rules.

Hope this helps.
CRT Performance
2001 Tropic Green Mustang GT - 12.181 / 113.2 MPH
2002 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 7.3l Power Stroke - 17.41@77.2

"There's nothing boring about a small block automatic shifting gears at 9400 rpm!"
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 06:38 PM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question

Okay, that kinda helps a bit. But let's keep going. From what I've seen in magazines and actually being at a FFW event, my goal was to set up my car for True Street (which is a FFW class, right?). Also, this class just fits with how I want to build my car: near stock suspension, moderate mods, one power adder, roll cage, etc.I have asked a few questions in this site concerning the setup of my car on the NMRA and FFW forums, and I want to make sure I'm posting in the right forum. I guess this would be FFW forum.

Also, I have an NHRA rulebook and sometimes it is hard for me to translate some of the rules they have in there for my class. THere are also some small/minor details that the book does not answer that I need to take care of or clarified, that's why I come here and ask. I've read the stuff in the FFW site about True Street rules -- the basics, really-- about coil overs only in the front, minimum weigh requirements, the 30-mile tour, etc, but of course it doesn't give the specifics. So is there a FFW rulebook for different classes that give the specifics of the diff classes?

In any case, I will be here from time to time asking you questions. You have answered them b4 in the past and have helped my more than you may realize (whether it be from a reply to my post or your website) and I really appreciate it. Thanks, Jeff.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Old 10-20-2002, 07:57 AM   #4
Jeff Chambers

There are specific rules for the True Street class. Your best be is to call AAP at (225) 664-0996 and order yourself a rulebook. Beyond the class specific rules, the NHRA or IHRA rulebook is used to ensure that you comply with the safety requirements for the host track.
CRT Performance
2001 Tropic Green Mustang GT - 12.181 / 113.2 MPH
2002 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 7.3l Power Stroke - 17.41@77.2

"There's nothing boring about a small block automatic shifting gears at 9400 rpm!"
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:22 AM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thanks! That should do...

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video

Old 11-08-2002, 10:52 PM   #6
Janeofalltrades

Default Nice Info. Gents!

See! Now this is why I come and hang out here! Nice info. Thanks guys!

~Jane~