MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-21-2003, 09:06 PM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Default Built Motor? Questions

Ok, just talked to a guy at my new work place. I guess he has a built motor sitting in his friends garage (sitting there for about 8 years i guess). Here's the thing tho, it's a Police issue 302 block, forged crank, pistons, and rods, 53cc heart shaped chambers (thinking they are closed chambers), not sure exactly what kind of heads they are, and I'm waiting to get some more specs from him. But he told me that him and his friend have about $6k invested in the motor. It has no intake system, but other then that it's a complete motor.

I am wondering if i would be running into any problems with this motor never being run, and sitting there. And i'm also wondering if you guys might be able to give me an idea of what kind of intake system i would be looking at getting for this motor. Oh and the guys who built up the motor at the machine shop, said it should be able to put out more then 500hp... Any thoughts or idea's are greatly appreciated. Thanks alot
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:12 AM   #2
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

As long as the guy has stuffed some rags in the motor or tried to keep the mosture out i think that you should be fine, and as for an intake i think that the Edelbrock Performer RPM will work nice with the setup and the powerband is nice too.
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote