MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Poll: What is your favorite type of racing?
Poll Options
What is your favorite type of racing?

Old 05-14-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Lightbulb What is your favorite type of racing?

For me, first place goes to rally car racing. I don't think there exists any better drivers than those guys. I never have as much fun watching any other race competition than rally car racing, except probably Le Mans or drag racing. The thing is, I hardly ever see much rcr on TV, always NASCAR..... I guess that's supposed to be the "American" or maybe just southern American icon of racing....

Consequently, the most boring racing to me is probably NASCAR, uggghh, going around a big oval all day long is not all that exciting or fun. I do respect those guys for their skill, to be riding at 200 mph and still control the car and bring it under submission if it does a 180 degree spin b/c it got tapped in the rear by the trailing car (like I saw happen a couple of weeks ago). All in all, it's still racing so it's kinda cool, just can't watch it for more than 15 minutes at a time.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Mass Stang
Registered Member

Drag Racing without a doubt. Nothing better than watching John Force take his Castrol Mustang down the 1/4 mile with all candles lit at 320 plus MPH !!!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
Mr.Mustang302
Mr. Mustang302

Default Re: What is your favorite type of racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Stang
Drag Racing without a doubt. Nothing better than watching John Force take his Castrol Mustang down the 1/4 mile with all candles lit at 320 plus MPH !!!!!

Cool, someone else that is a John Force fan. Yeah that guy is bad. Like how he has the new body style mustang this year. Hands down, drag racing is my favorite.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #4
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I would have to say that its a toss up between rally and drag racing. The skill involved in rally racing is unreal. Those guys get my utmost respect. But the brute force of drag racing gets my blood pumping somethin serious. The rumble of the cars asthey barrell down the track, reaching speeds in excess of 300mph in a 1/4 mile. Thats freakin insane.

I must add that NASCAR is my least favorite racing of all time. I mean, come on, turn left for 4 hours. I would fall asleep. Granted they are driving within inches of each other at 180mph, but thats because they all have the same top speed. It used to be whoever had the best pit crew won the race. Now its a matter of who doesnt wreck their car.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #5
CHRIS75
Registered Member

For me it has to be drag racing and not the big guys but the little guys like you and me, you see every once and a while on t.v, dont get me wrong i love watching the big guys battle it out but if something goes wrong with the cars you know they'll be but in the next round maybe. As for the little guys, if something goes wrong they end up going home with a broken car, im not saying i like watching them wreck there cars but just to see guys racing there cars that dont have big name sponsors backing them and alot of money plus a crew. thats drag racing
CHRIS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:45 PM   #6
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Hey man what about all of the above? But, I like to watch drag racing the most.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:23 PM   #7
carlos.elliott
Registered Member

My answer depends on weither I am the one doing it or just watching it on tv. If I am watching it it would be nascar. If I am doing it I feel Rally because it is a really fast and constantly changing. I think my second would be drag as I have done a little. I might like it beter if I had a fast car to drag so who knows.
carlos.elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:43 PM   #8
82 GT
Import Slayer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mass Stang
You got that right!! I used to watch Nascar all the time until I went to Reading, Pa. and actually saw,in person, an NHRA event.
After that day, it's been strictly drag racing. I watch it every Sunday it's on TV and have been going to Reading, Pa. for the last two years. This year I bought tickets to see them at Englishtown next month.
I can almost guarantee that once you go to an NHRA event, you will be hooked for life!!
Nascar is boring and is subject to frequent rule changes. They want them to go fast....but not too fast.
If they would just allow the drivers to "race" then it would be much better to watch.
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:34 PM   #9
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Quote:
If they would just allow the drivers to "race" then it would be much better to watch.
Tell me about it. I still like to watch the saturday night short track races though. Bristol and Richmond. They are racing in Richmond this weekend. Drag racing is much more fun to watch in person and on tv. I have seen both in person.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:23 AM   #10
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Drag racing.... and second is NASCAR!!!
Old 05-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #11
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Another vote for Rally Racing. I just wish I had cable after some of the vids I've seen online. Second would be a toss up between drag racing and Lemans.

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:11 AM   #12
LX5liter
dude5l

Drag racing is my favorite one to participate in and watch live, but I would rather watch rally racing on the T.V.. Those guys can frickin' drive!!

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:52 PM   #13
drudis

Other: ROADRACING
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:38 PM   #14
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by drudis
Other: ROADRACING
Whoops, *slaps forehead* sorry man, I knew I'd forget something... .

Well, educate me, roadracing doesn't fall under the "autocross" category?
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:45 PM   #15
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I voted for drag racing even though I prefer road racing over drag racing. though im a fan of both

fox body there is quite a difference between road racing and autocross. autocross is usually set up in a parking lot and you drive around cones, normally a small tight track, which is why small light fwd cars are usually great at it. However road racing is on bigger, faster tracks, that are actual race tracks such as laguna seca, willow springs etc.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:18 PM   #16
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I'm going to have to go with drag racing here, too. Sprint cars are a blast to watch, but they're just not quite as intense as drag racing.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:21 PM   #17
StockRustang
Registered Member

Drag Racing.
nothing like sitting on a dark backroad with another car in the lane next to you at about 12:30 on a weekend night after a nice VHT burnout......damn i miss the summer.
85 GT-currently: 8.8 with 4.10 and richmond spool, 31spline strange axles, Ties, GMS rear controll arms, stock rear springs, 50/50's, 90/10's up front with 4cyl springs, PA K-member and A-arms, and a motor i still cant decide what to do with.
StockRustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:54 PM   #18
fordracer17
Registered Member

Ashpalt short track circle track racing. I'm not talking about Nascar, I'm talking Saturday night local tracks with 20 lap features and plenty of fistfights. I hate to watch but after driving for four years, three in the ONLY Fox body Street Stock in a sea of C*****S and M*** C***, and one in a Late Model Taurus bodied car, one of two Ford powered cars, I have to say if you want some adrenaline, this is where it is. 1/4 mile oval and 15-20 cars. I'm not knocking any other racing but until you try this, you'll never know.
fordracer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #19
abhishek
Registered Member

"Hi,
I like Drag racing. The ultimate display of auto power."

Gifts items
abhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:04 PM   #20
sprayed86
Registered Member

Talking Re: What is your favorite type of racing?

Drag racing... just as long as its not import drag racing.... if you have to use 2 forms of power adders to run 14"s theres something wrong.
sprayed86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: