MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-21-2000, 04:36 PM   #1
cometbfx
Registered Member

Post Where are they all?

This site has 9306 members. Where in the dickins are all the heads-up racers? All these people can't possibly be just street and bracket, can they? There's gotta be some index racers out there! Where are you all. Stop in and say hi, and tell us what you're doing.

------------------
HeadsUp4ever!
cometbfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2000, 08:15 AM   #2
jchambers

Most of the FFW heads-up guys hang out over on the sister site (www.funford.com). There's also some other boards on the websites for NSCA, NMRA and NMCA. We're out here, it just takes a little searching.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.028 Seconds/114.51 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm
Old 07-27-2000, 09:49 AM   #3
Sweet T
Registered Member

I love to run heads-up classes but don't get the opportunity very often. I ran open-comp at the WFC and that was awesome. The pro tree is so much fun. My car is a carb'd 351 so I can't run in a lot of the 5.0 classes because of ci limits. And it's not really fast enough to have fun in wild street or some of those other heads up classes. Locally, there are no tracks or classes that run heads up or a pro tree, cuz I'd be their every week if they did. I plan on building the motor to a 392 stroker this winter. If that wakes it up a bit I might get a little more comfortable running the faster classes.
Sweet T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2000, 11:07 AM   #4
jchambers

Heads-up is great racing. I really like the competition and the rush of the race to the finish line. I like bracket racing as well, but HU just has a different spirit and thrill. I guess that's why we hit the road for nearly every FFW event plus some.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.028 Seconds/114.51 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm