MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Regional Forums > South
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
drmmrz
Registered Member

Question converting with all kinds of questions . . .

so, i own an '88 LX coupe. i tore the car apart man, i mean...trans, engine, rear end, the whole deal. whatever i could get gone, i did. now its been converted with an '83 302HO, holley 4 bbl, 289 torquer intake, AOD trans, 8.8 rear end, alum radiator, racing seats...well, pretty much everything i can think of to do to it(as long as i've got the cash)

the thing i'm wondering is...when i swapped from a 4 banger to a V8, was it necessary to swap the computer systems and all that. ive got the car running now and shortly its going to be on the road so it'll get the real test but i dont want to be driving to work one day and have the car crap out on me because the computer's not getting along with the rest of the car! to be honest, i want to get down to old school where you've got no wiring at all really but i just dont know if thats possible with today's exhaust specifications on converted cars.

thanks a lot for any insight!
drmmrz is offline   Reply With Quote