MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-07-2002, 02:51 PM   #1
Janeofalltrades

Default Hate it when this happens!

Well everyone,

First day of rain in Sacramento and someone decides to bust the passenger window in my car to snag my purse. I was in front of my child's school and made that one vital wrong move with leaving the purse to make sure my little boy got carried into the building dry and happy. Oh well! Hopefully they won't get much. More worried about the contacts under the dfoor locks getting wet and not working right. Glazier is here right now fixing the Ol' slow boy! It rocks having full coverage with $0.00 deductible on comprehensive! Smart of me.

More of an inconvenience than anything. Lame robbers! I work hard for my stuff, I wish they'd go work for their own instead of stealing mine. Losers!

"Newbie into the clean break and theft club" .....
~Frustrated Jane of All Trades~
Old 11-07-2002, 03:21 PM   #2
digital3.3

that really sucks, i had someone break in to my car once and messed up the passenger side door lock, and they didn't take anything. then about two weeks later i caught a guy trying to break in to my car, needless to say i don't think he'll be breaking into anyones car again. theives suck and need a good beating.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:31 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Angry

GRRRRRRR

Thieves need to have their hands cut off... I guarantee there will be alot less theft!
Old 11-07-2002, 06:32 PM   #4
Mustanguy

Cool

Makes a person wonder how thieves can sleep at night after pulling something like this

you have much in your purse? They didn't get your driver's liscense did they?
Old 11-07-2002, 07:54 PM   #5
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Geez. I guess you should be glad that thats all it was really. They could have done it to you instead of breaking into the car to get the purse. 'Tis smart of you to have that kind of insurance. Now it's time to get a better driver's license pic and a cool new purse. I remember when I was younger and my mom drove the 90GT around that you could tell one day, coming back to the car in the parking lot, that someone had attempted to open the door with a clothes hanger or something, because the door lock on the passenger side was all messed up. We just assume that he was seen or saw someone and ran before he got in, because nothing was missing. Glad you have such a great, positive outlook on life. Make sure you keep it. More people need them . Still sucks what happened though. People can be so stupid sometimes.

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:08 PM   #6
PKRWUD

People Suck.

I'm glad you have good insurance coverage, but knowing you, that doesn't surprise me.

I'd be handling it much worse. I'd be on the verge of my 2nd felony, which would be a violent one, which means I'd be a 2 striker. Damn. All over a purse. That does it. I'm not leaving a purse in my truck ever again.

Truly the E of J.

Take care,
ÅChris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:43 PM   #7
Janeofalltrades

Default Cross dressing again?

Shouldn't leave the purse in your truck PKRWUD. Forget someone stealing it, your friends will figure out your secret identity. Kidding!

Everyone else..Yes! They got my drivers license and debit cards. No big deal. Everything is closed or shut off. Cell phone too. I do not carry Medical Cards with SSN on it or really anything else of non-functional value. I do not have a credit card. Only use debit cards.

Car is spiffy and clean all the time. Darn. See, if I would have left all the junk and fast food wrappers like some cars, and all the crud on the seat, they probably would have never hit me. It's the Clean and Nice that got me tagged.

Mental note to self: "Be a pig. Theives won't bother."

Anyway. I was very happy that it was a clean break and grab. No damage to paint, electric mirror outside, locks O.K. So overall I'm pretty happy. Like JJ said "could have done it to you". Amen Brother! It's just stuff. Grrrr none-the-less.

Cars all fixed up and thank God because it's raining like all heck here is Sacramento. Nice that it waited until the glazier finished his job.

Thanks eveyone! Nice to have some sympathy among friends. ~Jane~
Old 11-07-2002, 09:37 PM   #8
srv1
Get down.....

Default Re: Hate it when this happens!

Quote:
Originally posted by Janeofalltrades

"Newbie into the clean break and theft club" .....
~Frustrated Jane of All Trades~
i can see you and Topless getting along REAL well!

sorry to hear about your purse(brick). if i stand correct, i assume the thief didnt get far with your purse(brick). everyone knows women keep some serious crap in thier purse(brick) to weigh it down to 30 lbs!!! so you see, the thief probably used another woman's purse(brick) that he just stole before yours, to break your window! well i hope he got alot of make up and tissues!

that sucks!

good luck on finding your purse(brick). James