View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I'm turning about 2500 rpm at 70mph with a 5-speed and 285/40-17's out back. First gear is definitely trickier now, but if I just slip the clutch off the line and let it out just right as it gets rolling and I floor it I don't usually break traction as long as the road is smooth. If the road is not good it will spin them no matter what at the top of 1st. I have to shift a hair slower into 2nd on street tires or it will roast them good, but once I got used to it I am stomping other cars out of the hole.
I also have stiffer springs than most folks run on the street, so if I can launch with 4.10s then anyone should be able to with practice. In front I have 350 lb/in coilovers, which is the equivalent of 1250 lb/in in the stock position. Out back I have 450 lb/in springs in the stock location with a torque arm and panhard bar. I'm sure if I ran softer springs it would be much easier to launch.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote