View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 02:02 AM   #29
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Quote:
Originally posted by red82gt
I saw a guy with a viper GTS that couldn't break out of the 13's, I guess those vipers are overrated
And for the record, MM&FF got 17 RWHP from pulling the silencer, not 40. I guess the GM mags are the model for the integrity of automotive journalism.
You took the words right out of my mouth. You know...Nothing can touch the LS-1. Even if it beats one...It cant touch it.

And sure Aquaman your car may run such and such in your area, but that Cobra is in another place another area..And something else to consider....Its another Person driving.

For example...All this talk of 12 sec stock LS-1 Fbods....Ummm..Well, not in Fayetteville. Last Thursday, the fastest one I saw (And there were several) was a 14.04 (2001 WS-6 TA), and that was from my Ex Girl-Friend. My fastest time was 14.015 (Not launching...Straight of idle..in 102 degree weather with 100 percent humidity, and a burned out Limited Slip). So, a car running a low 13 on such a crappy day would be awesome.

Oh, on that same night, a newer Viper ran the best of a 12.8.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.