View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 06:29 AM   #30
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by red82gt
I saw a guy with a viper GTS that couldn't break out of the 13's, I guess those vipers are overrated
And for the record, MM&FF got 17 RWHP from pulling the silencer, not 40. I guess the GM mags are the model for the integrity of automotive journalism.
Damn ya'll are making it hard for me to be nice

If 99% of Viper's from around the midwest, Eastcoast, Central plains, West coast, Southwest were unable to bust out of the 13's then you would by all means have every right to feel as if they were over rated. the 6 cars I have seen run were at 5 different tracks in 4 different states in varying weather conditions. That is what is refered to as deductive reasoning. Studies have proven that you have to have an I.Q. of over 109 to fully comprehend the process.

As for my thinking that the GM mags are the model of integrity? Have you read any of my posts?????......Yes you must have since your quoting me. So where the hell did I say or insinuate that a GM mag or any mag for that matter has integrity? I didn't, Just the opposite actualy. So if you want to make things up and put words in my mouth fine. But I do have to say that the common misconception that ignorance is bliss is obviously alive and well in your household.

Merc. - Back with this same crap again eh? Yeah cars will run varying times from track to track and day to day but not by a 1.4 second margin. I.E. my old 89 Vette ran a besst of 13.7@103 on a 66` day with about 55% humidity in Cincinnati 750' above sealevel at that track. At Firebird in Phoenix It ran a 13.9@101 on a 109 degree night W/ 37 % humidity 1152' above. In Houston on a 103` day with 98% humidity I ran 13.9@101 (damn you for making me dig that crap up ) 211' above

Now I understand that running in the rockies at 5000' and up will cause a N/A car to fall on it's face but the cars I have seen run are not in the rockies and they are not all driven by crappy drivers and they didn't all miss shifts and yes your right all LS1's run 14.0's where you are in fact the fastest ones are the one's with mechanical failures. Because we all know how stupid and ignorant the F-Bod owners are right So if you have never seen LS1's run faster then 14's and you now believe that as gospel, why do you not understand why I believe the 03 to be a 104-106 trap car stock because thats all I've seen? And I'm not going off 1 state and 1 track or 1 night like yourself Mine are quite spreadout. Not to mention what Friends and family have seen run at even more tracks with even more varying conditions.