MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2002, 01:35 PM   #1
*Steeda90GT*
Registered Member

Default S-Trimmed 94 GT vs Supra TT

Let me start by saying I have an S-Trim putting out 10 PSI of boost on a stock-motored 94 GT, all street legal. Anyways, A friend of a friend has a mid 90's Supra TT with that god ugly wing. The only mods from what I saw was a fart can and two gagues inside. Anyways after ALOT of smack talked by him, My friend decides to race him first in his R package 93 RX7. They take off at the first light and they kept even the entire time. At about 100 MPH the RX7 was just a hair ahead. So next light I line up with him. I was pretty confident because I always beat my best friend's RX7 each and every time. I really think the Supra was confident because my car is 100% stock looking, rims and all. And most stock 94 GTs are pretty slow. So as the light turns green he grabs me by about a fender's length(I have horrible traction with blower and stock suspension). As soon as I hit second and find traction with my Nitto 275 DRs I start reeling him in. I powershift third and now we're really cooking and he's about 1 1/2 car lengths behind me. So then I finally find fourth and hit 110 mph and decide to shut it down. We come up to the next light and he said "Why did you shut it down" and I told him that 110 is fast enough on this type of road (Rte 1). Then he proceeded to tell me that he would've kicked my *** up to 140mph. Which is BS because my car hauls quicker in the upper range with the S-Trim. So we race again with the same results. Anyways a week later someone told me this guy was shooting his mouth and saying that he took out the kid with the 94 GT. Can you believe that crap!!! Then he told everyone that pussied out and didnt want to race again. Oh well....
94 Oxford White GT. 17" Factory wheels with 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, Anderson Power Pipe, 24lb injectors, T-Rex external, 190lph internal, 3.55s, 65mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, Saleen Gauges, Crane ignition, MAC longtubes, catalytic h-pipe, flowmasters.
*Steeda90GT* is offline   Reply With Quote