MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-03-2001, 09:19 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Angry Rough day at the track

Today was the "BIG" Ford show here in Mooresville, North Cakalaky. It was a very good turn out, and my son got to ride in a 00 Cobra R, which I'm jealous over, but there were some things that tweaked me the wrong way.

It was a show and race, and one of the local shops was sponsering a Mustang Shootout. The classes were broken up pretty good, and the field was pretty even, well, somewhat even. Anyway, I was running in the 86-95 N/A class.

The track opened up for testing and so I ran a few times, just to get in the groove. Then I watched the rest of the Field that I knew about. Most of the guys were running in the mid 8's, and 4-5 guys were in the high to mid 9's. BTW, this is on 1/8th mile track. I was running consistant 9.2x@78-80mph. During qualifing, I ran a 9.22@80mph, which isn't the best, but it was ok. I was in the middle of the field, or so I thought. Ok, this is going to get somewhat speratic, but stay with me, ok??

Waiting for the running order I was checking out some of the other guys there running in other classes. A friend of mine with the turbo Focus, ran a 9.06@79mph!!!!! Freaking crazy!!

Ok, back to the story.....So they announced the field, and I noticed that they had missed my name. I know I was the absolute fastest, but I was nowhere near the slowest. So I went on a little trip to find out what the qualifing times were, just to make sure I wasn't overlooked.

First, no one seemed to know where the sheet with the times on it was. Second, 2 guys that ran slower, and by slower I mean in the high 9's and low 10's, in qualifing were in the field. This is where I got perterbed(sp?).

I found the shop owner, which I have some issues with anyway, and asked why 2 slower cars were in the field and not me. He told me that the slowest time in the field was 8.7!! I pointed out the 2 guys and what they qualified with and that I ran faster than them. He, I guess, didn't believe me and just said that the slowest time was 8.7 .

I went over to the guy who ran the slowest time, and he said that he thought that he had ran a 9.7 or something to that effect and didn't know it was an 8.7.

I went to several of the track officals to see if they had the times, but the sheet seemed to have grown leggs and ran off.

I don't want to say what I'm thinking right now, because there isn't any eveidence for it. However, I have spoken with the owner of the sponsering shop and he let me know that he will post all qualifing attempts and all the different results sometime tonight. So, if I see what I think I will, I'll be submitting a formal complaint with him and the track.

I don't want to think that he, or some track offical, would have "helped" a customer or a friend get in to the field, but stranger things have happened. Ok, I'm sorry that I've taken up so much space, but this is really bothering me. Feel free to offer any kind words of comfort at any time. I need it!! heh heh.

Ok, later guys.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 09:43 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

you need a guy with a vid cam there to show what you did!

------------------
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5z,

Real power STUFF I Have and will put some time: Mac cold intake, 70MM TB, Valve covers (COOL ONES)255 Fuel pump NOS Dry 75HP, AFR 165 58cc, GT-40 Intake.
Next to get: Rocker Arms,Cam,Injectors 24, What might I need???See It at www.computerconquest.com
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 09:43 PM   #3
stanger8172
Registered Member

Sounds like you heard a bunch of fallacies from the officials and the owner! Well, maybe they were all stressed and were a couple margaritas short of a party!

You should have been able to compete.

------------------
'91 LX convertible , T-5,Centerforce Dual Friction, FMS adjustable cable w/quadrant, ported/polished/milled E7 heads, 1.6rr, 1.94/1.60 stainless valves, BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties, 2 1/2" off road H-pipe, Summit 2 1/2" catback, March Performance Pulleys and A/C Eliminator
stanger8172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 09:53 PM   #4
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Yeah, tell me about it. I got so mad I couldn't even think right. If I didn't make the field, so be it, I can accept that. But when 2 other guys admit to running slower than me in qualifing...........(insert explative here), know what I mean?

I'm just glad that the owner gave me more reasons to not like him or his shop. One day I'll calm down enough to explain about why I'm upset with him over the work on my car, but not today. Just believe me when I say that I wouldn't take a dead dog to him.

Ok, this is really getting to my karma. I'll end on that. Later.
Old 11-03-2001, 10:18 PM   #5
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Hey BWC,

My son and I came down today just to watch. We stayed from 1:30 till about 5:00 (8 year olds get board very quickly when they have nothing to play with). He tried to talk me into paying for him a ride in the WIX's dragster, but for $50, I don't think so. Sorry to hear you had such a problem. When you invest time and effort into doing something like that, you would like things to go smoothly. By the way, when the Focus and Mustang(V6) lined up, one guy sitting behind us said if the mustang loses to that Focus, I would just keep on driving right out the gate. Just curious how much money does he have in the Focus and who tuned it for him? Awsome car though, and one heck of a sleeper. What does your car look like, I might remember it?

------------------
91 GT AOD Convertible, Turbo Tech Street Kit (T04), 30 lb injectors, 76 mm mass air, jacobs ignition and turbo timer, 2 1/2" exhaust w/dynomax ultra flos, 3.55 gear, bosch fuel pump
91GTturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 10:25 PM   #6
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

He built and tuned the Focus himself. One of the perks of having your own dyno shop, lucky s-o-b.

I was in the white 94 Cobra. I ran against my wife in her/our 4 door Focus. The # on my car was M508. I couldn't get the car to hook up, which is why my times were so bad. I should have been in the 8.8-8.9 ringe, but that's how the ball bounces. Not bad for a near stock car, huh?

Did you show or just come to watch?
Old 11-03-2001, 10:56 PM   #7
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Just came to watch. I've been out of the racing sceen for the last few years, so I like to go and watch/learn for now. Also I'm trying to introduce my son to racing, can't get them started to early. I thought I read something about your car being broken, so I didn't bother to email you. I would have liked to at least introduce myself and meet some new people. Maybe next time. Pretty good times for the car though.

------------------
91 GT AOD Convertible, Turbo Tech Street Kit (T04), 30 lb injectors, 76 mm mass air, jacobs ignition and turbo timer, 2 1/2" exhaust w/dynomax ultra flos, 3.55 gear, bosch fuel pump
91GTturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 01:08 AM   #8
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Man i would be pissed. that really sucks. I hope u can prove what happened. they must have done something to let one of there freinds in or something. Papers like hat just dont disappear.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 11:52 PM   #9
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Question

Maybe I shouldn't be upset. I'm sure that there is a logical reason for all of this. There is no conspiracy. There is no spoon.

I can tell I'm gonna need a whole lot of therapy after all this. Look at my eye twitching......
Old 11-05-2001, 12:10 AM   #10
Five0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhitecobra:
There is no spoon.
Quote from my favorite movie! The Matrix

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 12:27 AM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Wink

BIGWHITECOBRA!!
Look at the bright side of things ...at least you didn't have your foot covering the brake in an automatic, thinking it was a standard and had BREAKLIGHTS on the whole way down the track like I did last Saturday at the Easterners get together in Maryland in MOMS car!! (still ran a 14.02 1/4 @99.98, but I felt like an IDIOT!!!!!!

------------------
1994 GT CONVERTIBLE
TOPLESS IN TEXAS Girls can too's July "Mare of the Month"

Perf. Red,MAC Cold Air Ind.,K&N,Motorsport Underdrive Pulleys,MAC OffRoad H-Pipe,SVO/BORLA Side exaust /Custom Paint Skirts, 3.55, Light bar,Cobra WhiteFace 5 color Ind.Gauges, Cobra Clear Headlights,'96-'97 Taillights,Custom Pony HeadRests.Alum. GT Pedals, Alum.GT Scuff Plates, 12 Disk C.D.,Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote