View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 06:15 PM   #12
20LbsBoost

I launch my car on the street same as I did on the track. Brake boost to 2200 RPM and let'er go. Insta sub 2 second 60' times, seemed easy. In fact I ran 9 or so runs that day at the track and only 2 (maybe 3 but would have check) were over 2 seconds. I smoked the tires pretty good finding the "sweet spot". This is on Firestone Firehawk street radials on stardard pressure, no funny business. Not sure how much difference the 30-40mph headwind down the track made considering my T/A is pretty aerodynamic. But playing with tire pressure and no wind I can only expect those #'s better. I've got photos of the American flag standing straight out from the pole.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Another simple trick to take .2 off the ET for the turbo Buick car is to use a paper clip to jump the ALDL connector and have the torque convertor lock-up automatically after 2nd gear. That's good for an average of .2 and 1-2 mph, if only I had a paper clip and the sense to pull some PSI from the rear tires.

As far as being "killed" I don't think so, too many under estimate the potency of the 'lil Buick V6. I think it'd be real close at the track. Again, it's not about the trap speed, who cares?.... It's about getting to the checkered flag first. We'll find out in the spring and I'll post; win, lose or draw....