Thread: 1/4 Mile!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 02:58 PM   #5
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dustang90
To be honest with you man, according to your mods you have done, you should have been in the upper 13's or real low 14's. I had an 89 LX 5.0 Convertible and with just cold air induction, Off-road H-pipe and MAC mufflers I ran a 14.6 @ 95 mph, everything else was bone stock. And my rear end was a 7.5inch and only one tire would spin no matter what I did. So I think you need to try again and manually shifting the auto. Here is a trick. Do your little burn out, not too much. and at the light hold the brake and bring your car up to a fast idle. About 1100 to 1250 rpm. Keep it in 1, when you launch and want to hit the next gear shift it to drive and then bring it right back to 1 again, that will hold it in 2nd gear, don't worry it won't bring it back to 1st gear, then shift it to drive and that will keep it in 3rd gear. Now with your 4.10 gears you might need to shift to over drive, that is up to you. But you should do much better, it will take some practice but you will get it and you will be amazed how much it improves your times
That would be the aod shuffle and if replacing the tranny isnt on your list any time soon - i wouldnt make a habit of doing it. Also, his car isnt much more modded than yours, and his cobra intake alone will not get him into the 13's. I say good job on the 14.5, thats not too bad for your first time at the track.