Thread: 1/4 Mile!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 04:26 PM   #7
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

I have to say, I think your times are very good for your mods! I wouldn't down grade to 3.73's if I were you. I have 3.73's in my auto and wish I went with 4.10's. If you want to lower you finish line rpms, go with a lightly taller tire that has better grip then your street tires.

I have a stock rebuilt AOD done about 40k miles ago. The only thing it has done to it is a stall converter and a rachet shifter, still waiting on the shift kit. I manually shift the tranny at the track and even around town, and have never had a problem with it. I'm not saying it's the best thing to do, but it has worked out fine for me. Also you say your trans shifts at the yellow? Isn't that around 4800 rpms? The main reason for manually shifting is to get the motor into the higher rpms that the stock shift points won't allow for in all gears.

As for your 60ft times, don't expect to see them improve too much with the stock AOD. The stock converter is way too tight for any type of performance, and makes the car feel like a dog off the line. This is what is killing you 60ft times.

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote