Thread: 1/4 Mile!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 08:51 PM   #16
Nixon1
Registered Member

Jax....I thought the goal was mushier springs, for added weight transfer? Or is that only for the front? I've had several recommend 4 cyl. Mustang junkyard springs as a cheap fix. My current spring and shock combo is stiff as hell all the way around. Combined with bad suspension bind (new bushings though! Figure that one out!) and body roll so bad I'd swear it's going to roll like a Jeep, YET the shocks are so stiff that you feel every tiny crevice and pebble in the road...it's...well frankly...a pain in the *** and thoroughly un-pleasureable to drive!

silver...I thought you had to buy the shift kit and have the valves manipulated and such....so you're saying the valvebody will eliminate the need for a shift kit? How?? I'm just curious...any way to save a few bucks is better..and I really like the idea of the Overdrive switch as opposed to having it on the shifter. Don't know why...it just suits my fancy. I like switches. I could wire it into my non-functional nitrous arming switch. Gotta love the red flipcovers.

And the converter is definitely on my list...I just don't really list it as a transmission thing as I really should..I consider it a separate item...like a driveshaft or rear end. In its own category. But that's definitely on my list. I'd go either 2500 or 2800, depending on how crazy I was feeling the day I bought it. Unfortunately, this stuff is getting done quite a ways down the road. Need to get my financial stuff stable again....I'm teetering on debt right now. Thank god for quarter rolls and spare change.

Current stats: NEW 302 short block, E-303 cam (@.050, 220/220, .498/.498, 110 degrees), 1.6 roller rockers, Performer RPM heads (aluminum, 1.9/1.6, 60cc chambers), Cobra intake, Granatelli 75mm MAF, Billet AFPR, Equal-Length Shorty Headers, Off-Road X Pipe, Flowmasters, 4.10 POSI

13.73 at 103.8, ~2.2 60'
Nixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote