Thread: 1/4 Mile!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 09:05 AM   #17
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

I completely understand. I know all about living on a budget and prioritizing mods.

You are correct. A shift kit does alter the pressures and valve timing in the stock valve body. They work pretty good, too. I used to have a Transgo shift kit.

However, if you buy a full valve body from Lentech (I can't speak for other companies, as I've not dealt with them), they fully calibrate their valve bodies for you. It's basically like they install a shift kit for you, except on a little more comprehensive and higher quality level. You can specifiy just how firm you want your shifts as they have different levels of performance. So no, you don't have to install a seperate shift kit for a Lentech valve body. It's already done for you.

The overdrive switch is great. I got a nice low profile black switch with a red "armed" light (light is on when the OD delete is activated). It mounted nicely right to the lower left of the shifter cover plate. I can give you some advice about routing and connections if you decide to do it.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote