MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2002, 08:13 PM   #1
BAleR
Registered Member

Smile 1 kill for my dad!

ooook, this was a lil while ago, but untouchable reminded me of it. Well before i had my car, my dad was taking me to school in his 2002 Ford F-150, u know the triton v8 5.4l. anyways, were sittin there, its like 6:30AM in the morning, and this damn old *** toyota truck with this ugly *** tip on its pipe is screaming its *** off trying to get every person at every light to race him. Now me and my dad watched this for a while, and were gettin pretty sick of it. so the next light comes and my dad acts casual. the guy in the toyot is reving the crap out of his engine. my dad is just sitting there saying, "what a dumbass". so the light turns green and the toyota floors it. screatching his tires and everything. Now i know those trucks are pretty fast, but iv never seen my dad drive it like this. The toyota pulls off about a car length, and my dad, from a dead stop, sits there and says "SEE YA!!!!" and FLOORS IT, i sware my neck almost broke!! i sware we kicked that damn piece of crap so bad it was like he never took off at all. and i know its just a truck, but those damn triton v8's got some damn *** power.
BAleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:16 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

My Dad is the same way that is why my mom wont let him drive his 73' Camaro on the street.

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
7up
Registered Member

My dad sucks, he would be pissed as hell if he new I raced anyone. He gives me lectures everytime he sees me drive fast.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 12:29 AM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up
My dad sucks, he would be pissed as hell if he new I raced anyone. He gives me lectures everytime he sees me drive fast.
I'm in the same boat as you....really sucks, don't it?
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 03:41 AM   #5
montaz3
Registered Member

When my dad sees me driving fast, he calls my cell phone and starts making police siren noises. Then he asks how mant tickets I got today.

2002 Zinc Yellow GT - totaled
Mods: (8)-ball shifter

It is only speeding until you get caught, then it becomes a race.
montaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 10:52 AM   #6
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Oh Yeah? My dad was a cop for 22 years.... Imagine the Shitt I put up with! (No offense dad!)

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 11:46 AM   #7
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Yeah i love my 5.4 truck. I have put away a couple other trucks with that thing and a couple of ricers. It is fun as hell to drive. One of my favorite ford veichels are the f 150s.

Hell my dad is the one that got me started racing. I grew up listening to my dad tell me street racing stories back when he had my mustang. Hell my mom even got into a few times. The first thing i do after a good race is give my dad a call and tell him about it.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 01:46 PM   #8
stevstum
Registered Member

Talking My son and I go do donuts behind Target.

I told my son, who is 8, to get in the car and we are going for a ride. We are driving around and I turn into Target and go to the back of the store. He asked what we were doing and I just told him to hang on. I did like 3 perfect donuts and we left the seen really fast. His eyes were all lite up and he asked me what just happened and I told him...We just did a few donuts. He thought it was the most awesome thing in the world. He ended up saying he wanted to go tell mommy. I told him he is to never to tell mommy our little secret and now he hints every ones in a while to go do it again.

89 LX 5.0 5sp, Removed air silencer
Mac High Flow Air Filter
Motorcraft 8mm wires
Autolite platinum plugs
Mac O/R h-pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder
3:55 gears
Accel Super Coil (42,000)
75 mm Mass Air Meter
stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:29 PM   #9
The Deuce
Registered Member

That's awesome. My mom and dad met because of the Mustang club my old man was in. Her dad was in it too.

He's long gone, but I took my mom out in my buddies 5.0 'vert one night and lit em up. (shh, don't tell my friend) She said, "This reminds me of when me and your father used to go cruising looking for races.

Guess my lead foot is hereditary. (can't wait for karen to mother my children and pass the tradition along.)

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:00 PM   #10
BAleR
Registered Member

man thats awesome, i wish my dad was into racing like i am. He loves old cars and all, his first car was like a `67 GTO. he said he loved that car. Im tryin to get him to start a project wit me on a nice 67 charger or an old mustang or somethin, we just dont have anything we like to do togeather. i took him up to the drag strip one weekend. it was his first time in like 20 years. man, he couldent keep his eyes off the cars. it was bracket racing, so there were alot of old cars there. he said it brang back alot of memories. but i dunno, if he ever cought me racing he would just take my car away. but im tryin to get him into racing more and more every day.
BAleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 02:14 PM   #11
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

lol those are some great stories.... gotta love fathers though. My dad's always been into racing, I've been brought up on the races he had, and the time he ran from the cop and got away to the time he lost his licence. Even to this day he comes home and tells me how some car tried to race him. My dad used to drive a '71 Mach 1 with a 302 Boss in it, and a million other cars between that time and now. He caught me one night after work when I was going to race this CRX (wrote a thread on it in BO about a month ago), he was sure pissed off, he was behind me when I was leaving to go race him. He just took my Mustang away for a week, so I guess I got off pretty easy. But if he only knew half the races that I've been in or stories I got he would get rid of my car. So many times I've been tempted to tell him about my night where I pulled up beside a Ferrari or where some ricer thought he could take me. It's a tough relationship, I'd rather have my father as my friend cause he'd be my best friend, but him being my father, makes him my worst nightmare. I figure I'll tell him in a year or two about my racing experience. That way he won't be able to do too much. He even challenged me to a race in his '73 Vette agaist my stang but he said he would only race for pink slips. lol My dad's driving skills are 100x better then mine so I reffused racing him for pinkslips.

My dad always tells me this when I question him on racing
"Do what I say, not what I do"

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote