View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 12:21 PM   #1
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default 1990+ 300ZX TT Freeway Race

I was cruising to town on the highway out here with a buddy in the car when I spotted a stock looking black 90+ (latest one that they sold in the US) 300ZX Twin Turbo. We got stopped at a light with a few cars ahead of us and I was itching to try to my luck. I figured I could take one in a 1/4 mile, but I've heard they are fast from a roll. We got clear of the cars, so I pulled up next to him at about 65. He had his window down so I looked over and revved it a few times. He smirked and shrugged, then nodded his head. I jammed it into 3rd and mashed the gas at exactly the same time he hit it. My friend said the look on the guy's face was priceless when I started pulling on him - his jaw dropped and he got this constipated look on his face that said he didn't think a new GT was going to beat him. My screaming tailpipes passed by his window as I approached redline and I shifted hard into 4th at 6K. I shut it down at the top of 4th at an indicated 130+ (my speedo reads pretty accurately even at high speeds because I have taller than stock tires out back) and my buddy said I had pulled about 3 cars on him to this point.
He turned out to be a cool guy - he complimented me on the race and gave a thumbs up. He said it was a stock twin turbo with a manual.
I was looking for performance numbers on these cars and the best I could find was 14.1@99 in the 1/4 and 155mph top speed, so I guess the outcome was about right. I trapped 98 when I was bone stock.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote