View Single Post
Old 03-31-2002, 02:17 AM   #1
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Red face Lost to a Camaro

I'm on the freeway this evening, and I'm testing and tuning my LX.

I see this Camaro pass by me in the fast lane. I pull along side him at 80, and we both go for it. Man, this Camaro goes like stink. He's done something to his motor and it's obvious. I downshift to fourth, watching the R's climb on the tack, and we're dead even. Until I hit about 4,500 RPM that is. I need a new spark box, and I'm running on the factory ignition...12 psi boost and a stock ignition don't work together...you blower guys know what I mean. My engine starts to sputter...I ease off some...the Camaro gains a length...my engine is still sputtering, so I short-shift into fith...the Camaro gains another length...at least my engine isn't sputtering so the Camaro isn't gaining anymore ground.

Fifth gear is starting to wind out when I finally look at the speedo...holy @#$...we're both going about 150 and coming upon traffic....

I gotta admit, the Camaro won. If I had a working MSD, the outcome should have been all Ford, but the fact of the matter is I lost. I'd still like to know what the Camaro had in it.

There will be another day

'91 LX - 331 w/ Procharger
'03 Cobra Convertible - Pullied
'94 Lightning
'65 Mustang Coupe
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote