View Single Post
Old 02-20-2002, 03:00 PM   #1
Milktasd
Registered Member

Cool 1996 Cobra vs 1997 Camaro SS

Well, I was leaving class and I planned on peeling out since the guy with the SS was revving his engine. As soon as I get in my car, the SS starts leaving. I push play on the System of a Down cd and follow. We both exchange revs and bark the tires. Everybody on campus was watching, except the "1" campus cop we have. I haven't seen him in a while.
We pull up to HWY 80 and he gets in the turn lane to go left. I decide "What the Hell!" Maybe he will race me. After sitting at the turn lane for awhile revving at each other, we get an opening. He turns and I follow.
I stay in first gear and pull into the right head lane. He also stayed in first gear. SWEET!!!!!!! He is ready and willing. I was about 2-3ft away from his front bumper, when I punched it. The tires barked and I heard his almost like an echo. I slowly started to pull on him. I speed shifted into second at about 6500 rpm. I bark them and the SS barked them for a little bit longer as he shifted into second.
I was up to the middle of the passenger door, when I went into second. I kept the car floored. I am still pulling on the SS. By the time I speedshifted into third at about 6300, I was sitting on his front bumper!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we slowed down bc of traffic.
I was happy, I got to finally race that SS. Even happier that I got to beat a GM product. LOL. My second camaro kill. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
How fast are those SS's? I didn't think that my car's mods would let me pull that good.
The only thing I have against those SS camaros is the one sided exhaust. I don't like that. It had duals on one side. Just weird.
flowmaster 2 chamber Delta 40 series
Milktasd is offline   Reply With Quote