View Single Post
Old 02-23-2002, 12:37 PM   #19
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Quote:
Now get rid of that restrictive stock h-pipe and mass air meter and you will see what really murdering LT1's is all about.
I really don't think a new mass air unit will do much for you, don't waste your money at this point on it. Now my vote goes for the X-pipe, now that would be worth the money.

Quote:
Now, the newer LS1's are a different breed entirely. With all the above + your mods, you should be able to beat most stockers and lightly modded pre 2001's consistently. The modified 2001+ ones will have you battling hardcore depending on how strong your car is. Key is to keep your Cobra running temps between the N and O in "Normal" and you will be in great shape to win. This is easily worth about 10hp over the usual "hot running" Cobras out there.
What is this pre 01 crap? Yeah the 01's+ have a slightly different cam, and an LS6 intake, it really doesn't make that much of a difference. The 98, 99, and 00's are just as strong. I ran a 13.7 stock my very first run, and a few of my friends have 01's,02's, that are running the very same thing, this is in an auto. by the way. So don't paint an illusion that "only the 2001+ ones are fast."
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote