View Single Post
Old 02-23-2002, 12:57 PM   #20
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89

I really don't think a new mass air unit will do much for you, don't waste your money at this point on it. Now my vote goes for the X-pipe, now that would be worth the money.

What is this pre 01 crap? Yeah the 01's+ have a slightly different cam, and an LS6 intake, it really doesn't make that much of a difference. The 98, 99, and 00's are just as strong. I ran a 13.7 stock my very first run, and a few of my friends have 01's,02's, that are running the very same thing, this is in an auto. by the way. So don't paint an illusion that "only the 2001+ ones are fast."

Wrong! The mass air meter is a proven performer on the 4.6 dohc. I see people gain 8-11 hp with it time and time again..

I guess the new LS6 intake and better cam have no effect? The newer C5's and F-bods are quicker because of these parts.

It is common knowledge the newer LS1's make more power. Almost 10-20rwhp more on avergage. You want to dispute that they are quicker go ahead. My experience as with many other people have found the newer LS1's are tougher competition. If your experience is different then good for you.

Last edited by 96SNAKE; 02-23-2002 at 02:25 PM..
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote