MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2002, 02:51 PM   #1
Milktasd
Registered Member

Thumbs up 1996 Cobra vs 2000 Mustang GT

Damn I keep gettting races right before class. I had gotten to class about a half hour early, don't know how that happened. I was going to the trunk of my car to get my book bag when I see a red GT pull up that was tinted and had Bassani X catted pipes. He and his friend asked if I wanted to run. I said sure. He respnded with "When do you want to do it?"
"How about now?"
"Don't you have class?"
"Not for another 30 minutes."
He took off towards the back of the parking lot pretty quick, so I went towards the HWY. As I got there they were sitting on my back bumper. I pulled onto 80 and I sat at 10 MPH as I waited for him to pull beside me. He got next to me and just sat there with me. Well if he wasn't going to go first, I will.
I floored it and got a little wheelspin. I speed shifted at 6900 into second didn't hear my tires bark because of the Gt's exhaust roaring. I started to pull on him. As I was peaking the rpms I was ahead of him by about one car length when I decided to shift into third and the distance just got greater. I think to about 3 lengths.
I think at about 90 MPH he called it quits. We pull up to the Airport Rd. light. I stop early so I can be next to the GT.
"That is one hell of a redline you have." he said as he pulled up.
I ask "You stock?"
"Just the pipes." as he gave them a good rev.
I told him I had 3.73, underdrives, and subframes. I asked if he wanted to go again and he said sure.
After a half a mile he turns around and waits for me. I get beside him and decide to shift early, about 6300.
He started us off by jumping forward at a 10 MPH roll again. I got a little wheel hop towards top end of my tach. again. This time I didn't redline each shift, so I did not get a lot of distance.
As I went for second he was ahead of me. I was sitting on his door. Speed shifting as quick as I can, praying I don't miss a gear. But shifting this early just wasn't good enough, but I decided to keep doing it. I was gaining, just not as much. As I went for third, I was finally ahead. Then a car pulled onto 80 so I hit the brakes and when the GT flew past, I jumped in the other lane.
As we pull up back to the Airport Rd. light again he says, "That was better." I didn't say that I shifted alot earlier, just agreed. Then a F150 pulls up on the other side of me as the GT owner says he wants to do it again from this light. I said ok. Then I hear a honk. I look over and the F150 owner shows a badge and shakes his head no.
"Damn" I tell the Gt owner and he says ok. Then we go nice and slow back to school.
flowmaster 2 chamber Delta 40 series
Milktasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 03:04 PM   #2
RED92LX50
Registered Member

Sounds like lots of fun! Really nice for the cop to be that cool - as opposed to letting you blow his doors off then playing "Bad Cop".
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 03:11 AM   #3
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Default lol

hahaha, that's cool of the cop I guess. Better than chasing u guys down neways. fun stuff