MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-17-2002, 01:59 PM   #1
Milktasd
Registered Member

Talking 1996 Cobra vs 2002 Stage 2 Roush

I was at the Texaco with some of my new friends. There were a few other red Mustangs there. Everybody else was saying "What is this? A red Mustang convention?"
We just laughed. Well after about 2 hours of us just horsing around and a few of us trying to get races, a 2002 Stage 2 Roush pulls up. A guy with a Camaro asks me if I want to run that Stage 2, I said sure.
Now I didn't ask if he was stock or what options he got on the Stage 2. I yell out, "Anybody what to record for me in my car?"
This guy who owns a riced out Civic (but still a cool guy) says he will. The guy with Roush is already leaving, so everybody jumps in their car to watch. I speed out of the parking lot and run the red light to catch up with the Roush. Two of the people from the parking lot were in their cars behind the Roush. I pull up next to him going 60 MPH. He starts reving and hits it. He dropped it down into second, while I only dropped it into third and still fishtailled a little. So you can imagine the result. He pulled a car on me. He flashes his lights. He won, so he has the right, even though I was trying to get him to do it from a 40 MPH roll.
He gets in the lane to turn around and stops on the other side. I pull up next to him and he cockily says" Hurry up and go!"
Allrighty then. I take off perfectly, didn't launch, but the Roush did. Got a little wheel hop.
I don't look over, I just stare straight ahead and I never saw him. I just kept speedshifting until about 120 MPH in fourth and let off the gas, didn't flash lights, though. The guy with the Roush keeps going and puts on his hazards. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My passenger even said "What the hell is that?"
I pull up to the intersection that you can go straight and go to Texaco or turn and go to Texaco. I get in the left lane to go straight at the red light and the Roush TURNS!!!!!!!!!! One of my new friends, in his Extreme revs at me and we take off at the light. I won. LOL
We turn in and go to the parking lot. The guy with Roush is saying he won both of them. My passenger says " Hey look; a camera. We got it on film."
"Whatever." And he leaves.
Everybody crowds around and watches how I beat on the stop but not a roll, which I would have, had I gone for second. They all start laughing about how he said he STOMPED the piss out of me. They couldn't wait to make fun of him. I, then, found out that the Roush had the Stage 2 suspension, cold air kit, from the "factory" and everybody else said he wasn't stock on top of that. I don't know exactly whatelse.
Another cool guy in his 1996 Gt with Saleen graphics and kit, Cobra R rims(17X9 in the back) drag suspension in the back, lowered in the back, 3550 Transmission, and some minor things done to the engine, asked me if I wanted to run the 60 Ft or a 0-60 run. I said sure, but you are going to STOMP me. But then the cops showed up and said we had to leave. Guess I'll try next time.
flowmaster 2 chamber Delta 40 series
Milktasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:16 PM   #2
Severisth
Registered Member

lol
Have to love having a camera!
Severisth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 04:15 PM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Post that clip!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 11:24 PM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Just one of the many down sides of street racing...

Punk has bad attitude, Punk hits it before things even up, Punk gets beat down, Punk pulls fly-by with hazards...

Much easier to take it to the track in my opinion...

You can't throw hazards on a time slip...

But then again, most of these idiots will never see a set of staging lights, they'd rather live in their fantasy "no one can beat me" world and try to pick races with Kias....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:31 AM   #5
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
[B]You can't throw hazards on a time slip... B]
That is so true!
Awesome kill Milktasd, it's too bad there's so many A-holes out there like that.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: