View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 02:25 PM   #2
Green9550
Resident Redneck

Ok, first don't go through the water box, try at all cost to go around it. Next, don't lower the pressure in your tires. Now, since you have lowering springs, don't expect to get a great launch. I know I don't drive a 5spd, but what I would suggest doing is reving to about 2500 or so and when the light goes down let the clutch out as fast as you can without spinning. It is hard as **** to get it right the first couple of times, but just have fun. Don't expect too much the first time out. Just go and learn how to drive on the track. When you do your burn out, don't do a long one, they are street tires. You do not need to use your breaks. All you have to do is clean the tires off. What is your timming at? If it is stock, try 14*. You should be able to go high 13's depending on weather and track height. Good luck man. Just remember, go to have fun. Don't get down on your self if you don't do that well. You will drive better when you are relaxed. Take care man. Good luck.

-Billy
95' GT: 306, XL Ross Pistons, Ultra Lite H-beam Rods, Forged Scat Crank, 28oz Romac, 28oz JW flexplate, FTI ported RPM II intake, FTI ported AFR 165's, FTI custom cam, 75mm BBK Throttle body, 80mm Pro-M, 4800 PI stall, PA Super Comp AODE, Strange 33 spline race axles, Strange ultra lite spool, Motive lite 4.30's, Strange rear race brakes, Mega bite seniors, double adjustable uppers w/spherical bushings, Racecraft anti-roll bar, LPW rear end girdle, Metco d/s loop, A9L conversion, AFM PMS
Green9550 is offline   Reply With Quote