MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-10-2001, 02:17 AM   #1
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Thumbs up 2 Great runs with a couple friendly 5.0s

First run was against a great friend of mine...

has an '88 Coupe w/ under 40K orginal miles...Pro-M 77, upgraded fuel system, Trick Flows Stage II port, worked Edelbrock Performer RPM, eagle rods, ross pistons, 11:1 compression, long tubes, Tremec TKO, 3:73, 3 inch H-pipe, Flows w/ dumps, MT ET Streets, weld wheels, and a full drag suspension...

Ran on the interstate a couple of times from 55.....he had me by like 4-5 cars by the top of my 3rd gear were we shut down. Ran once from a 5 roll w/ him starting a car ahead and getting the kick through 3rd he had me by 4 cars..i did better than i thought i would have.

Next run was against a guy who had maybe a '90 GT. He ask u wanna run 'em..i said sure lets go where everyone races. we go and get flagged (his friends get out of the car to watch except for one girl with him)....i tried to slip the clutch by fried the DRs to 6K in 1st, nailed 2nd and they spun all the way through 2nd..maybe 40 ft or so. top of 2nd i have maybe a fender on him......3rd i pull to a car ....4th i have a good 2 cars on him. we raced again from a 10 roll b/c i thought i would fair better...not the case. He kicked it first and i spun to 5K instantly..the DRs HATE cold weather...clicked 2nd, and fried them to were the back end is wagging back and forth...he has 2 cars on me now. click 3rd and i pull back to a car lenght, and 4th i pulled back, but he still had a fender on me...we stopped and talked he said he had 2:73...sounded like off road H-Pipe, and i don't know what else. He said that was the best run he had had in a long time. We played ont he interstate for like 5 miles on the way home, in which he had all 4 passengers with him, and me by myself.....we ran from 55 to maybe 85 a number of times with me pullin a a car and a half to 2 cars everytime.....we exchanged honks and the passengers waved bye to me....i waved and pulled the stang in the driveway for a cool down....Great people lookin for some friendly races!

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows

[This message has been edited by EZRIDN (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by EZRIDN (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by EZRIDN (edited 03-11-2001).]
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 03:49 AM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

And yet another example of how cool mustang drivers are.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 10:26 AM   #3
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Smile

Gotta love rare occurances like that. Made your day i bet. Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:48 AM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
And yet another example of how cool mustang drivers are.
MOST Mustang drivers, not all. (not trying to be picky, but you brought to mind a Mustang guy around Augusta who acts like a snob.)

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 05:07 PM   #5
Fostang
Registered Member

Yeah there are a few outcast here and there. Kinda makes you want to hand there *** to them.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 12:02 AM   #6
sedanman
Registered Member

You better bring back some more video of your friends N/A mustang I want some videos of it in action. Give me a shout when you get back in town
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: