View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 04:13 PM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Default Re: Lets talk about import vs. domestic for a second........

OK, I bet this guy never comes to this board again so posting a response is next to useless, but I'm bored and looking for fun so what the hay!

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli
I am the owner of an import. I came across this site by chance and I found many of you talking trash about imports. I understand that this is a Mustang board so I wasn't too shocked.
First off, I'm happy to see you started off intelligently. To me, this means you may drive an import, but are not a "ricer"

Quote:

I'm not going to lie, I don't like Mustangs. I believe they are ugly.
Of course I thing may imports are ugly. But this is all personal preference, and too each his own.

Quote:
and they are not as fast as you Mustang owners make them out to be.
This is where you start to lose credibility. Stop watches don't lie and physical laws (to my knowledge) can't be altered. So you'll have to excuse me in thinking your a moron when a stock mustang travels down the 1/4 mile in 14 seconds and you blister down in 16+

Quote:

You guys use terms like "ricers" and "rice rockets" to describe imports, which is not only stupid, but also racist.
Yes you are right. Ricers are so stupid they should be considered there own race. On this board owning an import does not make you a ricer, acting stupid, pretending to know about cars, making unrealistic claims of power, putting flashing lights on your car in an attempt to look cool and adding 21" rims where the inside of the tire sits 2" from the side of the car: all makes you a ricer!

Quote:

So Mustangs are pretty fast stock, right? Well not fast, lets say quick. So what?? It takes no skill what-so-ever to buy a car and drive it stock. Some people would much rather take an ordinary car, fast or not, and modify it to be fast and look good. Maybe you guys think your better than import drivers because you spend a few grand buying a fast car, but anyone can do that. It takes skill and money to swap an engine, or install a tubro kit. It takes our own time and sweat to mold and fit body kits and put performance parts on. My grandma can go out and buy a Mustang, I don't think she could modify an import though.

This is where you become a ricer. I WISH SOME DAY THESE RETARDS WILL UNDERSTAND THIS...

you add a turbo----We add a turbo ---> Mustang's faster
you add exhaust---We add exhaust --->Mustang's faster
you swap engines---we swap engines ---> Mustang's faster

I don't understand why ricers can grasp these simple concepts! It's like reason and common sense leave there brain when there car leaves the lot!

Quote:
I KNOW that my import will beat an stock GT in a race.
REALLY!!!! A STOCK ONE!!! WOW YOU DON'T SAY!!! How much did you spend to achieve that?? What happend to your warranty?? How ofter does your car break down now???

WOW maybe I should by an import!

Quote:

Now I'm not trying to diss your personal preferance, everyone can do whatever they want to their ride. If somone adds a big muffler that you claim sounds like a "fart" or "dying bumblebee" maybe they like it and they do it just for performance. If someone wants a huge metal wing, let them have it in peace!
I don't really care what you do to your car. If I think its stupid and funny I'm going to laugh (or wait maybe I'm racist ).

What bugs most "muscle" car people is the poor attitude and complete lack of knowledge, willingness to learn and intelligence of most ricers.

I've argued with people who claim there "stock" civic can beat my mustang with a 300 shot of NOS (), YEP, that's right 300 shot, and the engine is still running! (I'm really going to believe THAT one)

Quote:

I know you think the import scene is just a phase and will die down soon, but the truth is, after many years the "American Muscle" phase is finally over and its time to move on. Muscle cars were big a few years ago, but that time is over and modifyed cars are now taking over. It's not "Fast and the Furious" that started this, modifyed imports have been big for a while, and its getting bigger.
Well I think you finally made sense here. You're right ricers are not going away. There will ALWAYS be stupid people, and as long as there is there will ALWAYS be ricers, they just might drive difference cars.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew