View Single Post
Old 04-09-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
BSchacht6
Registered Member

Default 2001 Mustang GT VS. Rice Civic

Yeah, I was on my way home the other night from a party(I was the designated driver) in my 2001 Mustang Gt with the basic bolt ons(pullies, timing adjuster, mass air kit, 18 in. rims, steeda front splitter, hood and rear wing.) And I had some of my friends in the car. Well anyway I pull up to a stop light and this riced out civic pulls up. The driver seemed too old to be driving a car like that but anyway......he looks over at me and starts reving his car. So I put my auto in nuetral to start reving my beast. He points forward and I knew what he ment he wanted to race so I nodded. So anyway I was still reving my engine and the light turns green and he starts off. I was still in nuetral so I let the RPMs go down (I didnt want to drop my tranny by doin a nuetral gear drop, esecially to a ricer) So he has about a good 2-4 second head start. So in order to catch up I floor it and loose traction and do a nice burn out. I finally get traction and Im off. I pass him prolly 6 sec. after I started going and you know he is prolly in fifth gear flooring it and I was in 3rd still climbing. So by the time we got close to the next stop light I was already 3-4 car lengths ahead. We stopped and he was cool about it and rolled downt he window and said "you got a nice car. Nice race." I said thanx and we went our seperate directions.

Anyway, thought you might like to hear another story about a Mustang slaughtering a import.

Peace,

Bob