MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2003, 11:30 AM   #1
VeNuM
Registered Member

Default 2002 GT and WRX

So friday night I meet up with this guy I'm good friends with. He goes to school with me and always talks about how he can beat me. Only other time we raced from a roll and he got a big jump and I couldn't reel him in time before I lifted. We go out to this industrial park that has a 1/2 mile dead straight road. Raced 2 v6's first. Then I lined up against him. First time I spun but got it to hook quickly and he had half a car on me, after I caught second we were dead even, then he faded back to my bumper. He was amazed I pulled on him like that. Second run, we both launched too low and bogged the engine down. He shoots out again 1/2 length and it took longer to reel him in but when we were at the end, his front bumper was at my door. Good race. He has pulley's, exhaust, and a shifter. Then last night I was going to my friends house. Pulled up along a WRX, didn't even know it. I left the light kind of normal, when I saw this car was infront of me, I got on it a little harder, then went WOT when I saw WRX's taillights. I had to get to 50 mph before I started to pull on him, then he just faded back. ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Default nice kill

nice kill man. i've never had an encounter with one of those wrx's yet so i'm not so sure how i'd do. But anyways nice kills, representin' the "Stang" croud
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:52 PM   #3
this is not cbring
Registered Member

from a stop, a well driven WRX is tough to beat. from a roll, they aren't much. my stock gti can run with stock wrx's on the highway.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: