View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 05:21 PM   #1
SteveGT
Registered Member

Default 2003 Cobra vs. 2002 WS6

Met this guy at a bar in STL who has a WS6. His mods are an exhaust, FIPK, a chip, and a K&N. I'm stock except for a K&N, and a sub in the trunk.

We agree on a place to run, and to go after I honk three times. We get to the spot and are both in first @ 20 mph. HONK HONK HONK....

POW!! Both cars are off at the same time and to my surprise, DEAD EVEN. At 6800 RPM I throw the Cobra into second and mash it. POW!! Look over at the WS6, DEAD EVEN! Both cars are flying down this long straight outer road, neck and neck just waiting for third. I hear the blower SCREAMING, the boost gauge is buried, and the Cobra is throwing me in the seat. Here comes third...

POW!! The WS6 driver shifts and gets a half a car. I have it to the floor and am screaming at the Cobra to move. Never caught up to him. We both killed it @ 115 mph with the WS6 about a 3/4 of a car ahead.

Pretty dissappointing, but the guy had a fast car. We went back to the bar, had a few beers, and told ricer stories for a good part of the night.

Looks like it's bolt on time for the Snake...

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe
K&N Air Filter w/ sliencer removed
10" MTX sub with Kenwood amp & Mach 460

On the way:
4 lb. blower pulley & belt
Bassani X-pipe, Undecided on Muffs
SteveGT is offline   Reply With Quote