MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2002, 03:34 PM   #21
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Well guys my car still just isnt the same since I put those mac hi flow cats on.

I got it running better, but it just isnt nearly as fast as it was, I just dont get it.

Anyways, Im not too confident in my car now, Im going to be putting the 150 jets to it though on slicks and see what happens.

Ill have video tomrrow.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 10:40 PM   #22
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

why don't you put the off-road pipe back on?

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 06:12 AM   #23
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Well we got to the races and it was roaring, tons of cars, packed full, we were waitin for the 911 to show, and the cops came. Broke everything up.

So a small group of us met up and we ran races in a business park. There were some truckers loading up there and they said they were cool w/ it and wanted to watch.

I ran a 383 stripped elcamino w/ Vic Jr heads 10.5:1 compression, and a 175shot of n20, on ET Streets.

We ran first time and we both hit the n20 and mine DIDNT GO! so he pulled 4 cars on me almost instantly.

We ran again w/ the bottles out. He says his car goes 12.3's on motor.

We ran and were dead even till 3rd and he put 3/4 of a car on me. I think he was just throttling it back though so he wouldnt break out and beat me by too much.

So I lost $20, and then I ran a 93 z28 that I had whopped on before and we ran almost dead even, I barely pulled him by the top of 4th by half a car.

I ran my friends 2000 lightening w/ just exhaust and gave him a 2 car head start and he beat me! I could barely barely pull on him, damn that thing is fast!!

Also my car got SUPER squirly on the slicks at higher speeds, somethings weird with it, it never used to do that before, it was going all over the road, everyone though I was going to crash into the elcamino. It was scary as ****, i could barely control the ************, so I gotta figure out why the hell its doing that.

Im kinda pissed off at my car, its just running slow, and the nitrous constantly is having problems, not to mention it almost killing me w/ the slicks on, it just felt s-l-o-w!

And to top it off, half way while changing back to my street tires the truckers tell us they heard the sheriffs are comin on the police scanner, so we are ******* frantically tryin to get my other tires on, Ive never worked so fast! But we got out in time, we passed em going the other way.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:28 PM   #24
Severisth
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyman
A friend of mine watched him race before and he said that the car didnt launch as good as he thought it would for AWD, but who knows.
AWD cars are overhyped. They're great on a road race course, but for drag racing you're better off with RWD and slicks. Reason being, an AWD car splits the power between the front and rear tires. At high power levels, the weight transfers to the rear on launch, where only 50% of the power is! On top of that, AWD adds substantial weight to the vehicle.
Severisth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 02:21 PM   #25
HondaSpanker
Registered Member

"Oh yeah...I figured a good combo for easy HP. 150 Shot of Nos at 2500rpms then your supercharger kicks in at 3k. So that'd be whatever your stock power is, plus the Nos shot, plus %50 of everything from the charger..heheh..Your engine might not live through it though.... sadly "

Don't superchargers kick in from idle till infinity? I dunno, just wanna get my facts straight.
Peace and Much Love
Spanky
Old 03-18-2002, 08:15 PM   #26
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs up You can do it!

Smoke him!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 09:39 PM   #27
Rev
Registered Member

Remember that the AWD will suck power from that 600 assuming he actually does have it to begin with. I think 2WD with slicks is a definite advantage to AWD.

He also might bog off the line with the AWD before his turbo's spool up. My advice is to try and nail him badly from the line and just never let him catch up. At least, that's my strategy.

Good luck.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote