MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-01-2002, 11:45 PM   #1
91PA5liter
Registered Member

Default 3 for 3 tonite (alittle long)

i'd have to say tonite was a very good night. it started out with me pickin up a friend and heading out to this battle of the bands thing(Which sucked) but along the way i ran into a new Celica GT. he pulled away from this light on me a little he didnt rev or any thing so i didnt know it was a race but i still put the hammer down and just walked right on by him. I then pull onto 202 and am heading towards West Chester when this older RX-7 convertable not sure what work it had done to it other then dual exhuast. He pulls up next to me and paces with me for about 15 sec. So i take the bait and hit the throttle 1st and start pulling on him up to about 100mph he was pretty far back even further then the Celica. ANd when i got off at west chester this guy pulls up next to me revving and stuff and i wasnt gonna race right in the town cuz i'd get a ticket so fast so this guy takes off and i see him further down the street at the pep-boys i guess thats where he gets all of his performance parts. I then went to this battle of the bands and after i left that cuz it sucked i was coming home and this guy in a V6 mustang pulls up next to me it was a 94-98 body style. And we go at it i beat him by a decent amount nothing spectacular but was surprised at how well he kept up with me. At the lower speeds i was droping him but then i'd slow down and he'd pull up and we'd go from like 75 and he'd keep pretty close. I was shocked, and all he had done was a cold air intake. sorry if this was a little long but tonite was a busy night for me.
91PA5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 01:36 AM   #2
84LX89GT
Mustangs

It's nice being able to beat most people that want to race on the street, i've only lost once, in the Rain to a NA RX7 (he kept on the clutch while I swung all over the place) and he whooped me because i was going slower than had i been at 1/2 throttle. He was a friend of mine and said, "you must have been spinning like hell for me to beat you!".
Good kills, it's nice to have a streak of races like that.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 09:00 PM   #3
Strider
Registered Member

Default Where u at?

PA -Where u at in Pennsylvania. U mentioned 202 and West Chester so u gotta be close to me. I'm in Exton.

Strider
Old 03-11-2002, 09:44 PM   #4
91PA5liter
Registered Member

OH hell yeah i live like 5 minites from exton. The mall cops at the exton mall actually yelled at me tonite for reving my engine in the parking garage!!! its just something that sounds so awsome i do it everytime im at the mall. But yeah theres alot of rice out in the exton WC area i like to whoop up on them when i can.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:41 PM   #5
Strider
Registered Member

Yo dude! Is your Stang black?? I was at the mall abuot a week ago Friday and i heard this bad *** Stang go cruising through the lot and then up the ramp closest to the food court. I was hoping the cops who gathered didnt think mine was yours If it was you're right your car does sound awesome. We'll have to get together sometime.

Strider
Old 03-11-2002, 11:13 PM   #6
91PA5liter
Registered Member

no i have a red and titanium 91 Gt but a friend of mine has a black LX that is bad *** i dont mess around with that car. not sure if it was him or not tho
Old 03-12-2002, 12:36 AM   #7
Strider
Registered Member

Nawww, it definately wasn't an LX. This was a newer model like a 98 or above. If i see ya at the mall or on the roads i'll say hi.
Cya dood.

Strider