Thread: 3.5L Vs. C5
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
typeR
Registered Member

Default 3.5L Vs. C5

OMG ...i'm still shaking...i dont know if you guys get the adreneline shakes when you race...but i do...not every time but when im excited...i mean im freakin...it's midnight and i made one pass to see if anythings going...as im about to pull a Uey and head home there goes this beautiful C5...i go past him in third wot just to let him know i might play...we get to the first light and we roll out but both of us were like hum..then we both realize it's on....now i get the unfair start and i see his car down shift ...either he's smoked the rears or it's exhaust but he's coming and im already going and w eget to about 90+ and shut it down ...but just as i figured the next light is turning yellow...this time there's no mistaking what's about to happen...I'm sure this is a 6 speed (harder to launch) the light turns and i mean i cut a light....i roll into full throttle just right ,minimal chirp he spins alittle but not to bad...he's right on my rear wheel...i catch 2nd at the last milli second i swear it said 7500....i almost think i heard the rev limiter kick but, with no adverse effect.i catch second mildly, he caught his 2nd with a resounding bark just before.. and put him right on my back bumper...here he comes not flying by...but moving by and i know from experience he was just gonna start putting cars on me,but he just gets about half to 3/4's a car out front and shuts it down.. i look down imediatly and it's right at 90 MPH... we turn off...i go by, window down, thumbs up ,and a light honk...he gives one back, and here i am.....the 60' im tellin you....i know this is hard for some of you to swallow,not having all the mods that a few of us have ,im not saying this to brag, what i mean is there really is a transformation of this car, as we approach extreme amount of mods available...someone driving a stock CL is like ya right...just tires make a huge difference in what the car can do...on my best day i think i can go 13.6 at 103 and i think i just had that run just now...OH BTW I,ve descided that break torqueing results in slower 60's keep one foot on the break and one just touching the gas and feed it throttle as you roll out...
299$ lowered 1.0/1.25
999$ headers 30 whp

look on there face...pricless
PB 1/4 13.794@101.54
typeR is offline   Reply With Quote