MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2002, 12:53 AM   #1
budman94gt
Registered Member

Default 3 kills in two nights

My buddies and I usually go cruisin for a race on the weekends. On Friday night Tim C and I were going out to see Mercury at his work, on the way a riced out Buick( Japanese and APC stickers everywhere) does a fly-by after we cruise by him. We catch a light, he is one car behind us, we all get our own lane about 200 feet down the road, we wait for a fly-by, as soon as he gets next to us we downshift to second gear and mess up his precious fly-by.

Later on that night I'm cruisin by myself and a 96-98 GT does a fly-by. I saw that he had his girl with him so I decide to embarass him. I catch up to him(I was really about 3 car lengths back) he downshifts to third from fourth and nails it, I downshift from fifth to fourth and nail it, in a short few seconds I put a good four car lengths on him. He does a fly-by and I get blocked in behind him at a light and he decides to do a little burnout which ticked me off, I catch up to him and he turns in to waffle house. I make a u-turn and head in to the waffle house parking lot I give him a nice rev but he wusses out.

Saturday night Tim C and I decide to cruise for a little bit. On our way back to the hang-out a 96-98 GT pulls up, we get a light and put about 4 to 5 cars on him, and Tim C puts about a car on me. Great weekend in my opinion.
94 GT 3:73 gears, K&N, Pro 5.0, Ford Racing Cobra R rims, Flowmaster two chamber cat-back, Mac off road h-pipe, march ram air, bbk underdrive pullies, and zoom king cobra clutch, steeda clutch cable and quadrant,

rice mod: powered by ford seat belt pads
budman94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:14 AM   #2
Tim C
Registered Member

That last race was definately cool. I'm still shaking now an hour later . When we pulled up side by side and you were motioning, "Let's go!", I was hoping he'd try something.

I spun through first, but still pulled even, and by 80 the 96-98 GT was 5 carlengths back and still falling. The best part was when he wouldn't pull even at the next light, then followed us back to the hangout to see what you had, but not me!

Also on the way home i screwed up a guy in a riced out new Civic. He had a monster tach with a shift light set at 2 grand ( I could see it light at two grand when he left the line in front of me). As soon as we cleared traffic, I changed lanes from behind him, passed, changed lanes back in front of him, and still had time to hit the victory flashers, 2-3 cars in front of him by 70 mph. At the next light he was revving, and looked to be more pissed off than the Mustang we tag teamed.

Tim
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 08:31 AM   #3
lx mike
Undescribable

I think i'm gonna have to move there or make a road trip! You guys are always getting some action up there. Down here not much to write about at all. b.t.w has Mercury "lost" his car anymore??
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 03:32 PM   #4
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Thumbs up

nice kill. Tim C. you made the switch in gears, from what to 4:10's?, kind of soon. do you spin your tires alot with those gears in the GT? and are you thinking about any bolt-ons or exhaust mods?
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 12:12 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Hey Guys!

Cool Kills Tim C and Budman. Wish I was there to partake in the activities.

I should be back to hanging out with the guys all night now, and going cruising now, seeing as how I'm single again. I'll have the time (I havent even had time to wash my car for 3 weeks and you all know how I am about my car!!).

Gotta respect the Monster tach set at 2000 RPM. The guy must of had one hellaciously bad reaction time to set the shift light that early.

LXMIKE

Yeah, there aint really all that much to do here in Fayetteville (Is there anywhere for that matter) but we find fun things to do on Weekend nights.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 01:20 PM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Sounds like ya'll had fun!

LOL @ "victory flashers" I thought I was the only one who did that!
Old 04-08-2002, 04:44 PM   #7
The Sandman
Registered Member

I wish I woulda been out there too. I guess staying at home on a saturday night does suck after all!

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 10:14 PM   #8
Tim C
Registered Member

Vtec8er:
I went from 3.27 to 4.10s, I dont spin that bad anymore (suspension work). But 1st can be tricky. If I know it will be close, I feather the launch, but in this case I dumped it so he could hear me spinning by his open window. Ive got Flows and an off road H now, but I'll be getting long tube headers, and cams in the near future .

Tim
Old 04-09-2002, 05:15 AM   #9
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Tim C:
it sounds like you are well on your way, and have a pretty mean GT. the homeade ram air hood. that is funny, but is it functional? or was that a mod you made in anticipation of the blower. do you run slicks? that might eliminate the spinning through first gear, or even E.T. streets, they work for me.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:09 AM   #10
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Hey TIM C!

You aint got your suspension mods on your sig man!

Vtec8ter.

Tim's ram air doesnt utilize the hood scoop. It gets its air from the opening on the front bumper next to the passenger side fog light. Very similar to the March Ram Air system, but home made and mounted in a diffrent location.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 11:15 AM   #11
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Post my mods

if that is the case, do i have ram-air also? i pulled my fog lights to fit my cold air pipe, and now air enters in where the fog lights used to be. can i claim that in my list of mods??
Old 04-10-2002, 11:17 PM   #12
Tim C
Registered Member

Merc:

I edited my profile. I also ordered my headers and matching H-pipe. (If you know anyone who wants my old one, let me know) Im planning to install them while Im on vacation (Apr. 22-26), but knowing me I'll probably be trying to get them on the day they arrive

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: