MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   3 more kills tonight!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=34139)

StoplightWarrior 02-22-2003 03:30 AM

3 more kills tonight!!

First I rolled up on an LS1 SS...I was a little nervous. We hit it on the freeway going about 70-120, I pulled 3-4 cars on him. I was soooo happy. When the guy caught up though, he gave me the thumbs down. :( WTF?? Why cant people just be friendly?

Next kill, some older man in a m3 sedan (last gen) considering Im making 100more hp at the wheels than his engine is making, it wasnt much of a race. He looked quite shocked at the next light. :D

Last race of the evening, I pull up to a light next to an lt1 camaro. The guy revved on me, I was done with my violence for the day, but he brought it on himself. We were actually even up to about 25-30, then I caught traction and left him like he was standing still.

In the last few weeks, what I've noticed is that 341 to the wheels is more than enough to tackle 99.9% of the cars on the road. Im not cocky, but Im getting there ;)

88workcar 02-22-2003 07:07 AM

I'm am glad to see that you don't live in a town full of sissys like I do. Good job, keep given em hell.

302 LX Eric 02-22-2003 08:54 AM

Re: 3 more kills tonight!!

Quote:

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
We were actually even up to about 25-30, then I caught traction and left him like he was standing still.
Now that's power! With those dyno numbers and some sticky tires I can't wait to see what this beast will run at the track.

Also, I love your 'stock' look - same thing I do with my LX. Nice. ;)

E

StoplightWarrior 02-22-2003 12:07 PM

Re: Re: 3 more kills tonight!!

Quote:

Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
Now that's power! With those dyno numbers and some sticky tires I can't wait to see what this beast will run at the track.

Also, I love your 'stock' look - same thing I do with my LX. Nice. ;)

E

yea, I mean, its got a saleen kit on it, but no stickers. And the GT badges are all taken off.

I think with some DR's I should be able to hit a very high 12, at maybe 108-110 or so. I think Im gonna get some longtubes and an aftercooler....and maybe a bullit intake (if I can find out cheap) and shoot for 500hp (bout 380 at the wheels).

Stang_Crazy 02-22-2003 02:40 PM

You should hit a high 12 pretty easily (under 2.0 60'). I know a guy who has a 99 GT auto. He has exhaust, 3.73's, and a P1 putting out 10 psi. He ran a 12.72 with his stock tires :eek: Trapped 111 if I remember correctly. He might have gone faster but they kicked him out because he didn't even have a helmet. Oops.

StoplightWarrior 02-22-2003 03:52 PM

Damn, if I hit a 12.7 I'd be stoked!

I have 3.55 gears in mine.

Rev 02-22-2003 07:03 PM

Re: 3 more kills tonight!!

Quote:

[i] Im not cocky, but Im getting there ;) [/B]
341 rwhp would make me cocky as heck.

Rev