MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   300Z with 14 psi boost vs. 01' Cobra (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32529)

Dark_5.0 12-23-2002 10:14 AM

300Z with 14 psi boost vs. 01' Cobra

First off I have to give this guy alot of credit this car is one of the first import sleepers I have ran into. The car is a 87 300zx turbo it has a 3.0L V6 with 14 psi of boost and open exhaust.

My brother also owns an 86 300zx non turbo with a 75 shot of nitrous.

Ok here is how it went down, Me and my brother were parked at McDonalds. This stock looking 87 300zx pulled in, you could really here the turbo whine. He ask my brother if he wanted to race. My brothers nitrous hasnt been working right so he declined. He then ask me if he could run my Cobra. I examined his car it looked stock but it wasnt. When he would rev it up the boost gauge would shoot up to 14 psi.

To be perfectly honest I was a lil' bit scared of this car. We finaly decided to go and race outside of the city limits on a deserted road cause we were racing from a dead stop to 100mph.

When we got the spot there were people already there racing, mostly imports. Everyone lined up to watch this import vs. Domestic showdown. We lined em up and my brother stood between our cars and held his arms up. I was nervous as hell here I am racing an impot in front of import guys If I lose my rep would be ruined. My brother dropped his arms and I had a less than perfect launch the 300z had me by half a car off the line. My tires stopped spinning about half way through first and I started to stop his pull. When he hit 2nd I was still in 1st gear and started pulling ahead of him. I hit second and the tires barked loud as hell. I looked in my rear view, I had about a 2 car lead and his car backfired bad and he let off.

I turned around and went back to see if his car was broke. He sad no he didnt know what happened when he hit 3rd it backfired so he let off. He then told me good race he was sorry for ruining it. He didnt want to go again till he could check out his car.

My brother then informed me that the 300z never stopped spinning. He smoked thre tires all the way through 2nd gear and if he would have hit 3rd right he might have reeled me in.

This weekend we are getting it on again. Cant wait.

Sorry for the length,

EZRIDN 12-23-2002 11:08 AM

Sounds like he had a strong car. Always nice to beat a strong power adder car. Nice kill.

Do you have any mods on the Cobra?

Hammer 12-23-2002 11:17 AM

Quote:

My brother then informed me that the 300z never stopped spinning
Doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't get it to the ground.

Good kill... ;)

Dark_5.0 12-23-2002 11:22 AM

K&N filter
03 cobra pinion brace
Steeda tri-ax shifter

Nothing major till next month.

DoDees 12-23-2002 07:57 PM

Shifter

How do you like The Tri-ax shifter?? I just ordered one -Should be here in a few days

The Deuce 12-23-2002 08:34 PM

Re: Shifter

Quote:

Originally posted by DoDees
How do you like The Tri-ax shifter?? I just ordered one -Should be here in a few days
It rocks house! I have yet to meet anyone who isn't impressed with its action, and its noticabely faster on the strip.

Dark_5.0 12-24-2002 09:07 AM

Re: Shifter

Quote:

Damn your running a 13.18 "stock"

Nice:)

DoDees 12-24-2002 01:43 PM

Back ordered

I just recieved My Steeda shift Knob that i ordered with my Tri-ax shifter... The dam shifter is back ordered till 04/30/03 WTF!!!!

tireburner163 12-24-2002 02:18 PM

Re: Back ordered

Quote:

I just recieved Mt Steeda shift Knob that i ordered with my Tri-ax shift... The dam shifter is back ordered till 04/30/03 WTF!!!!
Cancel the order and get a Pro 5.0.

No biggie.

The Deuce 12-24-2002 04:54 PM

Re: Re: Back ordered

Quote:

Originally posted by tireburner163
Cancel the order and get a Pro 5.0.

No biggie.

The pro 5.0 is shaped funny. If you don't want to wait, get the UPR shifter. Its the same as the tri-ax.

uprproducts.com