MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default adjust fuel pressure on stock motor?

I read that reducing fuel pressure from 32# to 27# at idle will net you approx 1 max HP and 5 ave HP on stock motor. whats proper fuel pressure? any truth to this?

also, i assume this would require a fuel pressure gauge an adjustable regulator. any tips on brands or installation?
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:32 AM   #2
Mike93GT
Registered Member

27 sounds too low. The spray pattern probably isn't very good that low. I have heard that you get a little power from lowering it on a stock motor though. I think the stock pressure is 38. Kirban regulators are the best for the price IMO. I bought an older one used, and it has lasted me for years. The only benefit the more expensive ones offer is a gauge port. You can always just borrow a gauge to set it, but it's nice to have something permanently mounted. I have an electric guage in the pillar which I would not reccomend as it's not the most accurate, so I added a little 1 1/2" summit gauge under the hood which makes adjusting it easier.