View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 08:09 AM   #17
chuck88
Registered Member

Ok my two cents. One thing nobody mentioned, but happened to me and it drove me nuts. check and make sure all of your grounds are clean and tight I had a Mercury (may it RIP), years ago and a loose ground on the engine block drove me nuts.

you mentioned that your guage drops a lot when the heat & radio are on and brakes are applied. is the fan running, becuase that fan is a huge amp draw espicailly on high.

My 81 stang (may it RIP) was blowing fuses occasionally when the brakes were hit and I finally traced it out and it turned out that when Ford built the car one wire was laid in the wrong palce with the gear select cover pinching the wire through to metal and it just took some years to wear through and cause a problem.

DO NOT give up on your dream. Some people have and are extremely sorry. I refuse to grow up when I was 18 and had zero money and my firends had some $$. they had the nice cars with the mods, now the roles are reversed and I am still living the dream.

feel free to email me if you wnat to BS or whatever (don't let my age scare you)

chuck88

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote