MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2002, 09:13 AM   #1
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Default 3's a Crowd

My friends an I were driving home from a local bar in my old 94 GT (the designated driver's 'new' car). There were four of us, two cramped in the back seat and I was riding shotgun. It was pretty dead out, but we still ended up hitting a bunch of lights. This punk in an old Maxima pulls up next to us at the light. A third car (didn't pay much attention to it) pulled up behind us. The kid didn't look over, rev, or show the slightest inclination that he wanted to race. The light turns green, and my friend accelerates normally, shifting at what sounded like 2500rpm, while the Maxima squeels his tires and takes off. My friend decided he would not be beaten by an old Maxima, even if it were a sneak attack. We actually caught him and over took him quite easily. Now the point of the story: the car behind us pulls up right on our rear bumper (at 110mph) and starts speeding up and slowing down.... at what seemed like inches away from our rear. We had to make a left so my friend got into the turning lane quickly and an S2000 goes screaming by. I don't know about you, but if he wanted to race, I think he should have waited his turn and not do some crazy @ss stunt like that. Cocky mid-life-crisis men piss me off sometimes. It was only a two lane highway. (And yes, he would have beaten us... 94 GT 5.0 with with four people, two of which were so toasted that they were yelling to slow down or else they'd blow chunks.)

Yikes! That was long, sorry

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 03:19 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rice Hunter
... the car behind us pulls up right on our rear bumper (at 110mph) and starts speeding up and slowing down.... at what seemed like inches away from our rear. ....not do some crazy @ss stunt like that.
Some might consider driving at 110 mph a "crazy @ss" stunt to begine with

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 07:08 AM   #3
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Red face

Haha, ok ok. Sorry. You're right . But still, there was a lot of open road around us, and I really trust the guy who was driving. I usually don't like to get that fast anyway, the race was over at 90. He just thought he might put some distance between the car behind us (at that point the S2000 was gaining).

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote