MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   4.6 eats up turbo mitsu (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=33087)

sedanman 01-14-2003 11:22 AM

4.6 eats up turbo mitsu

I was on my way home the other day and I turn down this two lane road as I turn onto it I kicked it just for the hell of it the A4 shifted to first the front end jumped up and I was off, I was amazed at how fast it felt, I look in my rearview mirror to check for cops and I see a second gen eclipse conv. trying to keep up, so I stay in it tell about 80 or so and shut down, he pulls along side me and I can see his chrome 17's and he says he wants to go again, I said ok so he nails it I have to wait for the slush box to down shift and I qucikly watch the tach run up to 6500 and the auto grabs second I hear his blow off valve as he shifts and I start pulling I put about a car and half on him, we get a light and he says damn thats fast I said something to the effect of it has a 300hp 4.6 DOHC V8 and he says wow, so we roll out and he wants to try one more time, so we go one more time and I kept the tranny if first so I would not have to wait for the down shift he nails it and I start walking away right away I put a solid car and a half on him and shut it down. He just could not beleive that a 4dr Lincoln could beat him.

inferno 01-14-2003 12:15 PM

Based on your sig, I would hope that you would be able to beat him, especially since you are running 12's. The fact that he kept kinda close to you is pretty impressive to me considering he was in a 3000lb FWD car. Just my 2 cents.

sedanman 01-14-2003 12:21 PM

Re: 4.6 eats up turbo mitsu

Quote:

Originally posted by sedanman
I said something to the effect of it has a 300hp 4.6 DOHC V8 and he says wow,
Quote:

Originally posted by sedanman
He just could not beleive that a 4dr Lincoln could beat him.
My car would have smoked him, it was the fact that I was in my moms 01 Lincoln Continental that made it so funny.

Dark_5.0 01-14-2003 12:35 PM

I love stories like this. Sometimes I go and race the imports in my CRX just for kicks.

I hardly ever get to race imports in my cobra just LS-1's.

I almost feel guilty when an import has to race me at the track. I just consider it a mercy killing;)

Good story,

01-14-2003 02:33 PM

thats a fun kill, is that the same motor that is in the cobra.
what do you think it could run(1/4)?

mustanggt_50 01-14-2003 02:44 PM

nice kill man, its always fun to beat them in something that they just dont expect to get whooped by.:D

sedanman 01-14-2003 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 50DAVIDLX
thats a fun kill, is that the same motor that is in the cobra.
what do you think it could run(1/4)?

Its the same motor as in the cobra's but it is detuned I am not to sure on the particlulars.

As for the 1/4 I would guess somewhere in the 15's.

EZRIDN 01-14-2003 04:03 PM

Where do you live that you have to race mom's car in the winter?? :D