View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 01:27 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thumbs up Weekend Kills. Me VS 2 LS-1's! Tim C vs New Vette!

Well this weekend was pretty darn good for me. Got to go to the 5.0 Civil Wars. Cruised to and from Rockingham with 7 Mustangs (An hour drive). Watched Tim C race a Vette when we got back into Fayetteville. Sunday I got in a race with 2 LS-1s at the same time. My reputation is growing.

I'll start with Tim C's race. On the outskirts of Fayetteville we ran into a snobby looking guy with his trophy girlfriend/wife driving a Red LS-1 Vette. He cut Tim C off (Leading our pack) and wouldnt permit us to pass.

Well, when we got into Fayetteville, Mustang Scoob Provoked Tim C to do a little showing off (Via Hand Radio's that 5 of us had) for the Vette.

Finally the Vette pulled up next to Tim C at a light. Mstng Scoob again provoked him, we all got on and egged Tim C on. The light changed, and you could hear two cars spinning tires. I could barely see what happened, but Tim C's brother and Mustnag Scoob got a good view.

Tim C pulled on the Vette and had a length on him till 75, then the Vette realled him back in and slowly passed him. I was impressed that he pulled on the Vette like he did to 75. RS350 (Tim C's brother....whos a Die Hard GM man) confirmed that Tim C owend the Vette to 75).

Even though Tim ultimatley lost the race, I think he deserves some points for pulling hard on him to the top of third. That was cool.

Sunday on the way home from doing my deposit, I was in the left turning lane of Raeford Rd, turning onto Skibo. I saw a Black LS-1 Z28 SS pull up next to me, and behind me pulled up a Metallic Blue LS1 Z28. We glanced over at one another....It was inevitable..We both knew it. I saw him pull out of a gas station about a mile back while I was flooring my car to merge with traffic. He came up on me quick...He wanted to challenge me.

The light turned and we all (3 lanes wide)fanned out side by side. I was in the middle. SS to my left, Z28 to my right. We straightened out and were all holding first. I was hanging at about 4000 RPM when I thought.Well, I'm not going to wait for these guys to intiate it. I'll need a jump. So I nailed the throttle.

I got a 2 foot jump when they nailed theres. I pulled pretty good through first, and pulled till the top of second. They stopped loosing ground when I hit Third. I had pulled about 5 feet on the SS (5 ft from about front bumper to rear bumper) and it stayed that way to 110...When I let off. I had went further than I had wanted to.

I didnt pay much attention to the Z28 so I dont know where he was, all I know is that he wasnt infront, or beside me.

I talked to the guy in the SS. He said his boy thinks I put something on him..Sprayed. (He had his son in the car). I told him I dont have Nitrouis, or Forced induction. I told him my mods, and he just shook his head. I asked him if it was a 6 spd, and I think I confused him...(Now that I think about the converstation, I think he might of took my question as me telling Him I had a 6 spd) He told me it was a 2000 SS.

He gave me a thumbs up and told me I had a Mean GT. He said he expected me to be an easy kill.

The guy in the Z28 to my right yelled out Nitrouis after I had finished my conversation with the SS guy. I'm not spraying, I dont have Nitrouis. He insisted that I had sprayed on the both of them. I asked him what year and tranny, it was a 2000 Z28 with a 6spd.

By that time the light changed and traffic started moving, we all beeped and gave each other a wave and drove off. Well, I kinda did, my adrenalin was pumping and I was shaking real damn bad. I called Tim C and told him about it. Then after I got off the phone with him, some guys in a Blue Honda with V-tech badging and stickers on the rear quarter WIndows (Imagine that) asked me what I had done to my car and what "Shoot" I had.

It turned out that they saw me take the two LS-1's and were impressed. I told them I wasnt spraying, of course...They didnt believe me, but they still gave me the nod of respect and a thumbs up.

Man, I'm still pumped up about it. It was awesome. Wish I had a camera attached to my car. I would be watching that video for a long long time.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.