MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-13-2001, 10:28 PM   #1
66 Racer
Registered Member

Question 66 Coupe vs. .....

Hey guys,

I have a fairly stock 66 coupe (mods in sig.) and have been wanting to line up with some imports VERY BAD latly. The thing is that I dont know what to expect. My confidence hasnt been too high for a while (few races with a worn clutch) but now i feel the car is ready kick some butt. The main car i have been wanting to race is a Celica, they have been everywhere latly and want to smoke one bad, and simular cars. Saw a Z3 that i wanted to take out too, but doubt i can take him out. What do you guys think against stock/mild mod celicas and simular imports.

---Anthony

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 04:26 AM   #2
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

good luck , what rearend gear ratio are you running? etc that & other thing's have to be looked at i had , a 69 coupe , grande with 4 v head's 4 - speed out of , a 70 mach & same rear end out of the70 it had a 2 v carb , but would burn rice all day you have to try different set up's to find out how your, ride works best .got a stock 00 gt now it's pretty good but am waiting , until warranty run's out , then look out . good luck mine is a street racer you , may want to talk to , the drag racing guy's . 66 is a great car though . bye

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 05:17 AM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

get ur slef some gears if u don't already have some and u will be frying some rice no problem. Most stock imports that i have seen anyway can barely crack 16s. U have a 15 second car there so go get some.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:53 PM   #4
66 Racer
Registered Member

I have stock gears, I just got the car from my dad in april, and its my 1st car/project. I know I can cook civic rice with my gears and basically stock engine, I wanna start playing with some of the other ricers now.

About upgrading its only time, i have this CRAPY job at the mall, and since i want to work in a car enviornment and hopfully learn more about them as well im gonna look for work at an auto shop or auto parts store. Maybee there i can get better hours than a shity 12hours a week that does nothing for my car but give me gas money!

L8er guys

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote