MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2002, 04:53 PM   #1
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Cool Minivan disease strikes again

I'm always on the watch for mini-van drivers. Usually, they are piloted by soccer moms yapping on the cell phone or attending to junior, or both...

Anyway, I'm on a return trip: hour #5.5 of a 6 hour trip on Memorial day. Needless to say, I'm pretty tired of being in the car.
So I'm cruising in the right lane doing 70 in a 65. MINI-VAN alert!!!
I'm gaining on it in the right lane. Fortunately, the left lane is wide open. I signal and move over and start to pass the minivan. I get almost ahead of the minivan and he speeds up and starts pacing me. 'What is he doing??' I'm thinking to myself... Well, at this time, we are coming into a construction zone. The speed limit drops to 55 mph. We pass that sign and we are both going 70ish. I figure he will slow down. Nope, he is pacing me like a champ.

I'm thinking this guy is being a real jerk, he doesn't want to let me over. Everyone knows, slower traffic keep right. He was going slower when I went to pass him. But then he decided to speed up.

Two more signs pass. My speed hasn't changed. (read cruise control) The signs say, MERGE LEFT. RIGHT LANE ENDS. I guess he chose not to read, or didn't believe the signs because he keeps pace with me in the right lane. I'm going to make a wild guess that he is still trying not to not let me over.

Here come the cones.... In the right lane. HA HA HA!
Maybe next time he will read the signs. I doubt it. It must be the minivan disease.
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote