MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
Gs835.8Stang
Registered Member

Default 83 Ragtop

Gentlemen,

I believe I will have this car back on the road again soon. (Finally) I tore it down in 01' with the belief that I would get it on the road by spring of 02. Then I got married, had a son, bought a new house.....ect. I am sure many of you can relate.
I picked up my MAC shorty headers and cat back from CJ pony parts today. I also recieved (what i hope to be) my last big order from Jeg's last night (shifter, elec. fan, fuel log for the holley, ect.)
I am not bulding a race car or anything, but the car should run fairly well. 85' 351W .030 over, Crane energizer flat tappet cam, full roller rockers, Weiand stealth intake, mild port job on the factory heads, gear drive for the cam, holley 750 vac sec. I rebuilt the motor myself. I am running a single V belt for the H2o pump and Alt, no power steering, no ac, I want minimal drag on the motor. I am going to be running a T-5 behind this combo (Yes, please pray for it...LOL), with a motorsports billet steel flywheel and king cobra clutch. It's a ragtop, so I don't plan on running it very hard for fear of twisting the frame into a pretzel, but I did tie the frame myself last year. I also have an 8.8 rear in it with BBK Upper and lower control arms.
At the very least it will run a lot better than it did with the factory 3.8 and slushbox. I will keep you posted when I get it to the track, hopefully over this summer!

What do you think guys?
Gs835.8Stang is offline   Reply With Quote