MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
robertwigton
Registered Member

Default 86 T-Bird @ that track! Takes z28,and a lighting P/U And a Cobra!

86 T-Bird =3!!!When I last left off,"Our" Racing Boat had New Tire blues,which SLOWED the car down.To say the least ,we,the racing boat crew members were Disappointed,BUT!
Then the trans took a "dump"....Left with no choice,we had to make a "Late" season swap to our back up trans...Wait a minute,WE DON"T Have a Back up! SOOOOOOOO,We used the four cylinder tranny out'a my coupe! Since we had wanted to do away with the factory 2:73 , which we know are killing our times with the Big meaty tires,we were hope for resuilts w/ the "Super low geared 4 cyl. T-5"And ,after some jetting,we had her back @ the 98 MPH mark! Anyway,the 1 races where the 1/8 mile to let the track "Dry out @ the top end"(It rained early in the day)
We quickly realized that the T-5 from the 4 was low geared enough to give us the advantage in the 1/8...So,down goes "Mr Big money lighting"(Which,later he informed us,had traction problems )And then the Cobra,which,I found hard to belive,but the T-Bird over took @ the top end of the track! And my favorite,the z28! Which was after the track was "Up-graded" to the full 1/4.Well,I'm going to point out that,I don't think that the z was running right,but was great 'cause of the guys "Big mouth" al night The z did get the win light 'cause George "fell a sleep" @ the lite,but even with his 1000 something lite,the z only got him by 03 tens of a sec.And the times,if not for the lite,Goerge would have taken him!After that ,the guy left!The boat puts'em all to shame!
wires,under drive pulleys,no smog
timming @ 16 deg,K&N,70 mm maf,
Pro5.0shifter,Home made frame con.
south side lift bars,3.73 bald @#! tires(2 on rear!)Sony C-D and Rockford fasgate rear,w/sony explode
5 1/2 in front.
robertwigton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 12:53 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 04:52 PM   #3
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Quote:

86 T-Bird =3!!!When I last left off,"Our" Racing Boat had New Tire blues,which SLOWED the car down.To say the least ,we,the racing boat crew members were Disappointed,BUT!
Then the trans took a "dump"....Left with no choice,we had to make a "Late" season swap to our back up trans...Wait a minute,WE DON"T Have a Back up! SOOOOOOOO,We used the four cylinder tranny out'a my coupe! Since we had wanted to do away with the factory 2:73 , which we know are killing our times with the Big meaty tires,we were hope for resuilts w/ the "Super low geared 4 cyl. T-5"And ,after some jetting,we had her back @ the 98 MPH mark! Anyway,the 1 races where the 1/8 mile to let the track "Dry out @ the top end"(It rained early in the day)
We quickly realized that the T-5 from the 4 was low geared enough to give us the advantage in the 1/8...So,down goes "Mr Big money lighting"(Which,later he informed us,had traction problems )And then the Cobra,which,I found hard to belive,but the T-Bird over took @ the top end of the track! And my favorite,the z28! Which was after the track was "Up-graded" to the full 1/4.Well,I'm going to point out that,I don't think that the z was running right,but was great 'cause of the guys "Big mouth" al night The z did get the win light 'cause George "fell a sleep" @ the lite,but even with his 1000 something lite,the z only got him by 03 tens of a sec.And the times,if not for the lite,Goerge would have taken him!After that ,the guy left!The boat puts'em all to shame!
Dude, you sure you ain't been smoking anything lately?

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 06:52 PM   #4
robertwigton
Registered Member

Default Smoking any thing.....

Well,there was a "cloud" of smoke that nite,but I thought it was from the burn out box..
wires,under drive pulleys,no smog
timming @ 16 deg,K&N,70 mm maf,
Pro5.0shifter,Home made frame con.
south side lift bars,3.73 bald @#! tires(2 on rear!)Sony C-D and Rockford fasgate rear,w/sony explode
5 1/2 in front.
robertwigton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:22 PM   #5
Mach351C
Registered Member

That was no burn out box, You were either drunk as hell or on some illegal drug
Mach351C is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: