MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-2001, 02:31 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Cool Awesome,Fast Paced Night. 7 Mustangs and one 99 Z28 6spd. I Toast a 94 Cobra.

Last night (Saturday) was a blast, havent had that much fun in a while.

It was freezing out in the hangout, everyone took turns firing there car up and warming themselves up. One of us brought up a suggestion of just hopping in our cars and forming aline and go cruising.

We did and you all know what happens when you start off with 6 Mustangs in line. ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE and you end up with more people than what you orginally had. There wasnt a speed limit that wasnt broken, there wasnt a tire that hadnt been spun, there wasnt a corner that I didnt take sliding.

Heres the list of cars we had to start.
1. Red 94 Cobra (No where near stock)
2. Red 99 35th aniv GT (Not stock)
3.Red 2000 GT (Me....Not stock)
4. White 94 Cobra (Stock...yeah right. Not stock)
5. Primerd88 LX 5.0 (Nope..Not stock..Drag car)
6. Silver 90 Lx 5.0 Hatch back (Wearing a Vortech huffer)

We picked up another 94 Cobra, Laser Red, Not Stock (I raced him, I'll get into that)
and a 99 Z28 Sixspeed (Not stock). And a black 96-98 GT Vert (Didnt know the guy, and he didnt hang around long enough)

Well, we were out near the mall cruising, The Red 94 Cobra and Tim C in his 99 GT were infront of me in the left turning lane, beside me to my left were two cars full of girls. Of course right beside me, I had to put on a show

The light turned and we all took off. Me I kicked the car side ways Drifting the turn. 3 Red Mustangs going at it side by side. We all stayed side by side till about 70 MPH. Then it was ALL 94 COBRA. Him and Tim C ran a light and I was stuck. the other guys pulled up behind me.

The car full of girls pulls up to my left again. I'm sitting there smiling when I familar scene unfolds. I hear a Rev, and its not from behind me, its coming from the other side of the girls. I through a rev to 6 grand, and lean foward to look throught the windows of the girls car.

At the same time, a guy driving a laser REd 94 Cobra did the same thing and we nodded. He got crazy with the Revs, I just sat there ready for the light change. I heard the Girls yell "Wow there gonna race.." At that time the light turned.

I launched playing the clutch. I took off. The Cobra had to have gears, BIG TIME, He didnt spin to bad, off the line, He wound her up high and tight but shifted way before I had to.

For some strange reason I started breaking traction at 5000 RPM in First so I eased the throttle a tiny bit till 6000 and hit second. Did a perfect shift into second. I had about a fender on him. We stayed just like that till we both let off at 90. I heard the passenger tell the Driver "Hot Damn, and thats just a GT."

He pulled up behind us and followed us. Tim C raced the guy with a white 94 Cobra (the Red 94 and White 94 Cobras are the same ones that smoke the Camaro SS vert last week). Tim did good off the line, looks like he had the jump, but after that it was hard to tell how bad Ivan beat him because they were so far ahead. (I didnt get into the race).

The guy in the Red 94 Cobra raced the Laser Red Cobra, and Tore him a new A$$hole.

The Z28 wouldnt race me or Tim C, and when he heard the little whirly Bird (Howling Monkey) under the hood of the Fox Body LX, he quickly backed down.

He did try to race the 94 Cobras, but got beat badly.

It was an awesome cruise night. A little Crazy to go racing through town two times over, but The kind of stuff I love and live for.

On a side note, other than us, there wasnt much else traffic. We wouldnt be TOTALLY reckless. If there was any ever doubt, I let off, and so did the other guys.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax. Ordered 4:10's.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 05:50 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Nice to hear that someone had fun I had to work all day saturday and then when I got off of work I went to my dads house to help him install a cam in his camaro when we were finished we were gonna take it to the test and tune to see what it would do. But when he was driving the car around to the front yard through the alley he hit a big @ss rock with his 7 qt oit pan and put a huge hole in it. My Saturday sucked @ss.

Nice kill

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers, mac cold air fender kit, 3.73 FMS gears, Steeds Tri-ax shifter, Steeda underdrive pullies, Custom off road X-pipe, 2 chamber flow masters, cowl hood, nitto drag radials, ford racing clutch, 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs. (Best E.T. 14.79@93mph @3000ft)
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 10:30 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

That sounds like it was alot of fun. U should have tired to talk to the girls some more. That is what i would have done anyway. U almost had as much fun as me on saturday night.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 11:45 PM   #4
NotoriousGT350
Registered Member

Those are some mean mustangs!Love hearing racing stories.
NotoriousGT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 12:34 PM   #5
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

D*mn nice tale to get me through lunch. Too bad the Z28 didn't play

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires, Chromed '95 Cobra R's (bought for $19.95, now 2 are warped!).
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1883
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 11:14 PM   #6
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Quote:
I heard the Girls yell "Wow there gonna race.." At that time the light turned.
Ha ha ha ha ha...
what happened to the girls? Did they get burned in the rubber?
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 11:25 PM   #7
#1 Pony
Registered Member

What were everyones ET times, that you were riding with?
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 01:08 PM   #8
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Well, the Red and White 94 Cobras usually run mid to upper 12's, the Fox Body wearing the huffer runs Low 13's, the other Foxbody I'm not to sure of.

The Z28 runs 13.6's and 13.7's consistantly at the track. And the one Laser Red Cobra that I beat runs consistant 13.7 at the track according all the people I cruise and hang out with.

I never ran at the track so I dont know what I run.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax. Ordered 4:10's.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote