View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 12:01 PM   #1
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Thumbs down 9 sec. Mustang goes down to Z-28 street racing in ST.Louis

Not excatly what we want to call a good story but, one that needs to be told. At the recent Mobil 1 Challange in St.Louis this past weekend, Me and my brother trailer the car up there with the perpose of looking for a little action. A couple of our friends who went last year said there was some greet street racing and since we just got done putting together his car we should go. First i will tell you about my bros mustang. Its a 88 GT with a 6 yr old DSS 306 (This will come into play latter in the story) at 66mm Turbo with a turbo technolgy Pipe kit. Victor Jr heads with Trick Flow R Intake. The car is featured May 5.0 2002 under title "Road Raging". The car went 2 weeks ago 9.95 at 136 on its 2nd pass with no tuning on the speed-pro. Anyway, We get to the spot in which we find that our friends were not full of ****. There are vipers, lotus some sick LS-1 and Z-06 around but none wanted anything to do with this car. Then a local guy buy the name of jimmy shows up trailering this 89 Z-28 with pro-stars on it. Very innocent looking but our friends said it was 9sec ride and that he was pretty cool to talk to. So for about an hour we hung out with jimmy looking at all the street machines. He finnaly ask us if we want to race for money. We really didnt want to race for money cause we KNOW his car was fast but ended up doing anyway for $50. The spot the race was for was off of I-255 right next to a wal-mart so everbody couls specate. Now, this is the first time we had ever had a serious money race. Now this Jimmy was a pro at this. Had car on side of road to give a go siginal and trucks that got behind us and shut down the highway for our run! Well after a little confussion we get lined up and hit the transbrake and wait for the go. When the light droped i yelled go and we had a good amount of weel spin. By the top of secound Jimmy is about a car and a half on us. When we hit secound all hell broke loose. The Mustang took a large pop and a nasty vibration, at first we thought it was the rear end but when the motor died and it stoped we knew it was more serious. Jimmy kept into it and i think we still would have lost. Pull off at the next exit and find water and oil mixed leaknig on the ground. We got it back on the trailer to find a hole in the block around the 7 and 8 cylinder next to the oil pan. Guess 650-700 hp is to much for a stock block. We knew the block was on barrowed time so my bro was not that upset. We sent somelse to go pay Jimmy and he was real cool saying he was sorry we broke the motor. The reply was "See ya next Year!"

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote