MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 10:47 PM   #21
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Ok so lets say you have a 14 sec car.... how in the world are you going to beat an 11 sec car? Even if he gives u like 4 or 5 cars and the go u have no chance.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:47 AM   #22
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 86 Grand Marqui
To me Racing is MONEY!
You are very funny!

Quote:
I walk up to NE1 and ask if they wanna Race and this is what I need from U. If they agree, THEY LOSE! If they dont wanna give me what I need, NO prob.
Your the kids that we make fun of!! So you are telling me you would walk up to my car and challange me to a race then say well my car is slow so give me 5 cars, I would laugh at you and tell you to come back when you know something about street racing. I have gone up to someone and asked to race and agreed to give THEM cars but I have never asked for cars I guess I could not step that low.

Quote:
1.I Dont tell them I want to bet some Low amount,like $50 and 2. They THINK they will win, no matter what.
Right cause 16sec cars frequently race for BIG money. How many cars does a 11 sec car give you? a 1/8 mile! LOL

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:15 AM   #23
lx mike
Undescribable

It's all about ego. If your standing around the street races with your buddies and someone comes up and wants to run for $$$ your going to ask what he has and you see a slower car your going to think something is up till he ask you for a couple of cars and the jump. Then what do you do?
Rice Haters Club Member #101
Old 07-01-2002, 10:08 AM   #24
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

LMFAO... to me "racing for money" is not spotting someone 7 cars and the move, to me if someone has to ask that, they can't hang, and if they did win after you spotted them 32 cars and the move, they still didn't really win... 16 second car racing for big money.... bahahaha, I can just see you now... sir... uh.. sir..... I'll race you for big money if you spot me 98 cars and the move. What do you "usually" race for, if $50 is nothing to you. Your pretty funny, and I feel sorry for you, because you think your a street racer......with a 16+second car. You can say what you want, this is an open forum, but everyone is laughing at you. And then you come on here and talk crap? LMFAO. When did all this "if you spot me 6 cars, blah, blah." start? I think it's pretty lame, especially if you have a 16 second car, wanting to race a 9 second truck. LMFAOOAO

Last edited by 1BAD89; 07-01-2002 at 10:21 AM..
Old 07-01-2002, 10:24 PM   #25
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

Y r u guys so Negative? Y do u say I am a Kid? I am 34. I understand "U" think Street Racing is Mostly a Head Up Race. Thats Fine."MOST" down here in Florida where I hope every1 knows is the Largest concentration of Fast Cars (10 and under) in the World DONT think this way. ALL cars dont run the same time.(Obviously if 2 guys have almost identical cars and Mods IT WOULD b stupid for 1 guy to ask for 7 and the Move or whatever from the other, I agree with u on that)..5Point---Y do u use an 11 sec Car and then say 4 or 5 Car Lengths? U R 100% correct 4 or 5 is ZERO compared to My ET.And Sedanman,LOL! U wouldnt last very long down here. VERY Bad attitude. I have been "In The Racing Game" and YES it is a Game for 20 Years. I dont care if I run 8's and the other guy runs a 9.9 and I KNOW FOR SURE he runs that time. IF I can get lengths I will. 100%!!!! of ALL racers down here think that way.IF He cant get the slower car to spot him, NO biggy. THE TRICK IS ALWAYS MAKE THE OTHER GUY THINK U R SLOW! Its about Money,NOT EGO! I have NEVER won a Race that was Free.I have seen 2 15 sec Durangos run for a $20,000 pot. NO point to say to me u dont believe me , It doesnt matter, I have seen it. I have seen 2 guys at MOROSO in Palm Beach run ON FOOT for a $4,000 pot. ITS all about Money... And LX -Its easy FOR ME to size up the other guy, since I have been doing it so long.So IF I am asked for lengths or whatever, IF I can I will(TRY) and ONLY give him what I need to win. IF I cant get him to do it My Way, we wont Race.Simple as That.I will sum all this up like this."EVERY time I have raced, I KNEW B 4 we even lined up I was going to win,(Based on his Car and what I got or he got)Obviously there is the unseen Car that pulls out in front or whatever.NEVER have I underestimated the other guy.PS : I have not been talking Crap. Have U seen me say nething bad about ne1 else here? I havent said bad things about ne1 or ne car.Last thing---IF some1 agrees to give me what I want, then they have to think they have a chance to win,right? Hmm? Something to sleep on, Later.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:04 PM   #26
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Y r u guys so Negative? Y do u say I am a Kid? I am 34.
I guess the way you post leads you to beleive you are much younger.

Quote:
U R 100% correct 4 or 5 is ZERO compared to My ET.And Sedanman,LOL! U wouldnt last very long down here. VERY Bad attitude. I have been "In The Racing Game" and YES it is a Game for 20 Years.
LOL you are to funny, I suggest you read some back post. I have been there bought that T-shirt.

Quote:
THE TRICK IS ALWAYS MAKE THE OTHER GUY THINK U R SLOW! Its about Money,NOT EGO!
LOL ok street racing king

Quote:
I have seen 2 15 sec Durangos run for a $20,000 pot. NO point to say to me u dont believe me , It doesnt matter, I have seen it. I have seen 2 guys at MOROSO in Palm Beach run ON FOOT for a $4,000 pot. ITS all about Money
When was this race at Moroso? I have never heard about it taking place.

Quote:
IF I am asked for lengths or whatever, IF I can I will(TRY) and ONLY give him what I need to win. IF I cant get him to do it My Way, we wont Race.Simple as That.
Sounds like my GF (sorry to all the women).

Quote:
IF some1 agrees to give me what I want, then they have to think they have a chance to win,right? Hmm? Something to sleep on, Later.
So how many cars do I have to give you? Let me know when you might be interested in hooking them up.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:07 AM   #27
Mach351C
Registered Member

LOL wow

It seems as if grand marqui only races if he knows hes goona win, am i right? Thats not how I race, reason being i actually like having close races. Sometimes i like them beating me, so i can throw another mod on and race him again. Its what keeps me racing. If i went around only racing guys that I could beat, that wouldnt be very fun. WOULD IT? just my opinion

im not dissing you in any way though marqui, If you wanna do that stuff, your free to do it.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:08 PM   #28
tinner
Registered Member

thanks guys I needed a good laugh today

Keith Craft 408w
11:1cr AFR205's , Vic Jr. , 750 Speed Demon , MSD Digital 6+ , Aeromotive fuel system , Hooker Super Comp ,Headers , Art Carr roller C-4 w/ 10" converter and trans brake
Old 07-02-2002, 11:23 PM   #29
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

Y do u quote so much? Kinda weird.Oh well. IF u ran a 12.86 and IF I ran a 16.6 I would need 25 +- 1 Cars out front.Or 10 Cars Rolling out front. I assume u know what I mean by rolling.I don't like (from behind) racing so I won't go into it, but those races r just as easy to figure.Mach 351C---- U r correct as far as I only Race if I have figured it out and I get what I need to win. Please don't keep quoting,(sedan)lol. But I will state 1 last time,"I don't see the point to Race FOR Money if U don't know b 4 hand that u will win(based on what U got, or give)".And I appreciate the "Do what U wish attitude". I don't Force ne1 to do nething. If they do it, GREAT! if not, No biggy, Plenty of fish to fry.LOL!@tinner,glad we could Helpya.hehe.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:44 PM   #30
explicitone
Registered Member

I dont mind racing at the track with the bracket racing but on the street it is race what you brought and if you cant hang then dont race.
for me its the thrill of the race I will race you if you have a viper I dont care its fun for me like that.

and 86 grand marqui I agree with sedanman for a change (j/k sedanman)

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 07-03-2002, 01:30 PM   #31
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

I retract my statement about people being mature here.... Please Grand Marquis, make an effort and type your posts with some full words in them.... please!
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
Old 07-03-2002, 03:22 PM   #32
7up
Registered Member

Grand Marqui
Yeah, it takes at least twice as long to read your posts trying to figure out your abreviations. It isn't very hard to type full words.

Just curious, Do you ever race anyone on the street just for the fun of it? Even if you might lose and don't get a chance to write a contract before hand explaing all the rules and how many cars you get and the payment schedule after you win? j/k

But seriously, do you ever race people just for fun and not money?
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
Old 07-03-2002, 07:15 PM   #33
sedanman
Registered Member

25 Cars NO wonder you have never lost, how many cars is the 1/4! I will give you 10 cars (is that my car or yours? lengths ) If ten cars is cool lets plan on meeting in south florida (west palm area) that way when I am down there I can take care of another pest in a LS1 at the same time
Old 07-03-2002, 07:41 PM   #34
Mach351C
Registered Member

so... say a 1986 grand marqui pulls up next to you marqui. What would you do? A. ask him for more car lengths B. just race him or C. chicken out because his is nicer than yours? I dont care you can add a D if you want.

BTW his car looks like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 119805621.100698861.im1.main.565x421_a.562x421.jpg (43.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 07-03-2002, 11:19 PM   #35
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Ok,LOL! Lets take these 1 at a time...LT1 Z28-- I am Very Mature, I am 34 and as you have read, I have Not said 1 thing Bad or Negative that wasn't in response to a Post,and I have been online for a LONG TIME,so because of that, I try to make words (shorter),if you will....7-up-- I NEVER race for Free and then Win, IF I am SURE I will get another race, then I will race Free and LOSE to set up another and Win Money.So no, no freebies...Great Pic! MACH 351-C,Very Nice Photo Editing,HEHE! and NO , My car looks a little nicer...And last but not least,lol...Sedanman-- I have thought long and hard to try and figure out what to type without giving a math lesson, but I won't. But briefly(hehe) The quarter is 1,320 feet OR 77.64 of MY Car lengths( I am using 17 feet for my car)For your Car, add a few more lengths. NOW,25 cars at MY ET is VERY close to what I need standing still, I WILL steal you out of the Hole,so 25 is Ok,(obviously assuming you run a 12.86 like you said) so Obviously 10 is ZERO for my Car and ET.I assume you mean Dead Stop Cars and Not rolling like I explained earlier, IF you mean Rolling, NO PROBLEM,Bring ALL the cash you can get together...ps: I missed explicitone, IF ALL people thought that ALL races on the street had to be Head-up then you might have a point, but here where I live,More than 90% disagree with that thinking, Why? VERY Many Race Cars,LOTS of people know each other and the cars Very Well,A Huge Range of ET's as far as the Street Racers Go. You Don't have to be fast to race on the street and or race for Money,THIS factoid is not understood by many here,that is evident.1 guy says he wants to race and will give this and or needs that, they decide and do it! That simple, IF 1 guy asks for 25 and or wants to give 25 so what?Yes or No, Do it, or don't.NEVER even 1 time have I had someone react like what I hear on this board(to this degree)I have had some laugh slightly or say "No man I cant do that" but NEVER more than that.IT IS THEIR CHOICE TO RACE ME! if they do,they lose.NOT MY FAULT!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:34 AM   #36
tinner
Registered Member

when they say.

Quote:
"No man I cant do that"
they mean "You'r a tool get away from me."

Keith Craft 408w
11:1cr AFR205's , Vic Jr. , 750 Speed Demon , MSD Digital 6+ , Aeromotive fuel system , Hooker Super Comp ,Headers , Art Carr roller C-4 w/ 10" converter and trans brake
Old 07-04-2002, 08:35 AM   #37
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the proper spelling, I really enjoyed reading that post, in fact, I read all of it!

It's a new way to see street racing for me. I really do it here for fun and enjoy it. To me, the real fun is when someone thinks their car is faster and we go from an identical point, then I can prove they are wrong and beat them. I have never raced for money and I never will. I don't gamble and that's just a personal choice. Just like not drinking.

I find very interesting to see how things go in other parts of north america.
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
Old 07-04-2002, 11:53 AM   #38
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

tinner,WTF does that mean? I have never been called a Wrench or pair of Pliers.........Your Welcome Z28,lol. You hit the nail on the head,"Personal Choice". I do not drink and or smoke anything.A few down here dont race for money,so you are not alone(a little X-Files humor) ------12.2 at 119 with a 1.9 60'? Get Some Tires! I am about 4 sec slower and my best 60' is a 2.19.
Old 07-04-2002, 03:22 PM   #39
Rev
Registered Member

Default Car lengths in ft.?

I'm kinda wondering how one measues the spotted car lengths and exactly how many ft. a car length is? 15 ft, 17 ft, or what? 25 carlengths seems like it would be at least 375 ft. At street races at night, does one get out his 50 ft tape and do it 7.5 times end to end or what? Maybe a guy needs to keep one of those measuring devices with the wheel that one roles to measure distances in the trunk of the car for when the need arises. I can just picture this scenario at the street races trying to set this up.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 07-04-2002, 03:28 PM   #40
7up
Registered Member

Default Re: Car lengths in ft.?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev
I'm kinda wondering how one measues the spotted car lengths and exactly how many ft. a car length is? 15 ft, 17 ft, or what? 25 carlengths seems like it would be at least 375 ft. At street races at night, does one get out his 50 ft tape and do it 7.5 times end to end or what? Maybe a guy needs to keep one of those measuring devices with the wheel that one roles to measure distances in the trunk of the car for when the need arises. I can just picture this scenario at the street races trying to set this up.

Rev
I was wondering the same thing. How do you measure 25 car lengths? Get 25 people to line up end to end?
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: