MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 06:23 PM   #41
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

You guys are to funny. I guess you 2 are just so used to Heads up racing. A "Car Length" is Not an automatic unit of distance, It depends on the length of the car that is Getting the advantage.My Car is 17 feet long,so for me, 1 car length is 17 feet,BUT,VERY few actually measure the car and then take out a wheel and use it to measure,But I have seen it done, Not to measure Car Lengths, perse,but just a "Distance in feet" advantage.Car A sits at the start,Car B is Moved out in Car Lengths by 1 or 2 people(not pushing) but to make sure it is Fair. Car lengths are done in 2 ways Only!.. Back Bumper(Car B) even with front bumper(Car A) OR Back wheel(Car B)even with Front wheel (CAR B).Very easy to set up this race. If everyone knows what is going on, it takes 2 min after the cars are lined up EVEN.SO, for ME, 5 lengths would be an advantage of 85 feet,17 x 5 = 85,which for my ET is Not very much.

Last edited by 86 Grand Marqui; 07-04-2002 at 06:29 PM..
Old 07-04-2002, 06:38 PM   #42
The Deuce
Registered Member

Is it just me, or does this get harder to believe all the time? There is no way something like that could fly out here. Even in the best places to street race in LA, this kind of discussion would take so darn long that the cops would be there and gone before anybody got to race.

I know there are places around the country that are a whole lot different, but this stuff seems a little too out there. I'm impressed that you can keep your story straight every time you tell it, but I have to call BS.

Who tries to bracket race on the street? I want to see some proof of this malarky taking place. Maybe then it will make more sense.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Old 07-04-2002, 06:41 PM   #43
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
I have been online for a LONG TIME,so because of that, I try to make words (shorter),if you will
Question, if you have been online so long, why can't you just type faster? It seems that good typing skills would be much faster than trying to figure out how to shorten words. Besides how 'long' have you been online? Let's see, you're 34 so 20 years? Wait, the internet wasn't around then, so probably not any longer than many of the people here, and they all seem to type in real words.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Old 07-04-2002, 08:25 PM   #44
7up
Registered Member

How come if you have been racing for 20 years, which would make you 14 when you started racing, you don't have a faster car. If you like to race so much and have so much experience in it, it seems you would have a faster car. You wouldn't have to give people 25 car lengths.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
Old 07-04-2002, 09:26 PM   #45
Mach351C
Registered Member

Uhm here.....More than 90% of the articles I have seen that mention Street Racing say that East Coast Street Racing is Far More Serious than West Coast..... So show me some freagin proof of this please.

I am not going to take your word. Its like me saying the same thing More than 90% of the articles I have seen that mention street racing say that west coast street racing is far more serious than east coast. LOL and how did you come to the conclusion that there was 90% did you calculate them out? and also what about central US are they more serious or are they just medium serious?

Duece is a very smart guy you should listen to him. As long as you have been online or atleast claim to be... you should be able to type faster and develope some typing skills.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:54 PM   #46
7up
Registered Member

STreet racing has got to be the most serious here in north eastern Colorado. We get out the tractors and line em up, I usually give people a couple tractor lengths cause I got a 100 shot on my Ferguson Plessy. It's just an inline 6, but its got mad low end power. We usually just race for cattle or sometimes if its serious horses. j/k

To me sreet racing is about fun and seeing how your car compares to others. Not money, but thats just me and everyone is entitled to their own brand of racing.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
Old 07-04-2002, 10:02 PM   #47
Mach351C
Registered Member

Theres alot of mistakes in your writing marqui, and it seems like you are not trying to fix this problem, I guess i could translate everything for you. J/K some of it is hard to understand for me too. like when you say "we have are problems too" refering to cops. its our not are but heh its ok man. Just giving you the heads up
Old 07-04-2002, 10:54 PM   #48
mean81GT
Registered Member

my brother had a 94 probe gt. never ran it in the quarter, but i ran it on the highway on the way to my junior prom. car had chip, exhaust, and filter, and topped out around 140. so they are mildly fast.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:25 PM   #49
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

?.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:28 PM   #50
Rev
Registered Member

Probes run 140? I guess we learn something new every day.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 07-05-2002, 06:00 PM   #51
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs down

Probes don't run 140.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:10 AM   #52
Mach351C
Registered Member

140kmph LOL
Old 07-06-2002, 11:21 AM   #53
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

What happened to my post Maybe that darn probe scooped it up as it went by at 140
Old 07-09-2002, 10:57 AM   #54
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 86 Grand Marqui
7-up-- I NEVER race for Free and then Win, IF I am SURE I will get another race, then I will race Free and LOSE to set up another and Win Money.So no, no freebies
Stop, please I can't stop laughing!

Quote:
Sedanman-- I have thought long and hard to try and figure out what to type without giving a math lesson, but I won't. But briefly(hehe) The quarter is 1,320 feet OR 77.64 of MY Car lengths( I am using 17 feet for my car)For your Car, add a few more lengths
Thinks for the lesson I am sure a mechanical engineering student from purdue, who works for Honda as a engineer could have no way of comprehending such serious calculations!

Quote:
I WILL steal you out of the Hole,
Lol you CLAIM to run 2.19 60fts yet you are going to steal my 1.94's (where are your math skills now?)

Quote:
Ok,(obviously assuming you run a 12.86 like you said)
How are you a street racer Heres a free lesson (cause I like to help teach young kids) if a street racer says he runs 12.86's then offers to race he does not run 12.86's anymore. I suppose now you will want 76 car lengths?

Quote:
You Don't have to be fast to race on the street and or race for Money,THIS factoid is not understood by many here,that is evident.
Fast cars and real money races start at the same time! With maybe the only thing being who gets the move. These give 10-30 cars are like betting on the coin toss instead of the final score of the super bowl. Get real I have never seen more than a car and the move given in a race for over $50. Get REAL!!

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:02 AM   #55
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
BUT,VERY few actually measure the car and then take out a wheel and use it to measure,But I have seen it done, Not to measure Car Lengths, perse,but just a "Distance in feet" advantage.
Dude I am getting mad, you just made me laugh so hard I spit my peanut butter crunch all over my keyboard!

Quote:
Very easy to set up this race. If everyone knows what is going on, it takes 2 min after the cars are lined up EVEN.
Two minutes where do you race that you have two min's to set up the race! Dude really stop my side is starting to hurt!
Old 07-09-2002, 11:55 AM   #56
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

I thought you would give up by now. I am glad I am in error. Ok 1 at a time, here we go.1..Use a Handi wipe with a little alcohol to clean the KB.(I was serious about what I typed,however)2.. We are usually so far out in the woods we have plenty of time to do what we wish. We were there for 6 hours 1 night.3.. Makes Sense,I am speaking of Money races,Why win a race for free? Why make him think you are fast? That's the idea,"Make him think you are slow" Then get him 4.. ,,5.."Steal" out the hole has nothing to do about 60'. I am speaking about "Leaving" first. Remember I am speaking about Street Racing, not at the track with lights,"Flag Man" racing is what we call it down here on the street.I know you understand that, you just got confused 6.. IF you run what you said, the "Advantage" I stated previous will work, I am speaking Literal,using that time as a base, You could run 10's, then I would need more, I am going by the 12.86.7.."You have not seen that type of race". The VAST majority of Street Racing down here is Not heads-up.ps" The Whole thing boils down to making the other guy think he will win,How you get him to think it, doesn't matter.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:18 PM   #57
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Geez...you should write a "how to" street racing book dude. Not that anyone would read it with any ounce of sincerity but at least it would give you something to do for awhile. Maybe start your own club even. Just think about it, you could all sit around and dream up these wonderful ideas and try them on each other to see which works best. Once perfected you could spread havoc all over the land with street racing victories, become millionares, and write more books.

I usually don't get involved in this kind of stuff but this is ridiculous.

My Car
Old 07-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #58
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

I have been 100% honest in everything I have typed.I am in fact known as kinda the "Race Guru". I enlighten people on what to Get and Give when Racing.Be that as it may. I have simply responded to posts that were directed my way. I was asked by more than 1 person not to shorten words, so I type it all out and it gets a bit long.I NEVER have used the quote option because that takes up to much space.I still don't understand the big deal. So what if the VAST majority of Races I race and that are raced in this area, are NOT Heads-up?Not my Fault.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:58 AM   #59
Mach351C
Registered Member

Wow this is getting a little silly. Say does anyone remember what the thread title was. LOL 93 probe gt how fast. Might need to change that too. How to write a street racing novel. I think everyone is entitled to there own opinion. You can race what ever way you want to. And it doesnt mean that everyone else has to agree with it either.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:27 AM   #60
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Thank You. You are 100% correct. Um? I think maybe the Probe messed everything up as it went by at 140.
Closed Thread